I'm not exactly okay.

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: I'm not exactly okay.

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:17 pm column of stench - from their rotting bodies.

Great release.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:49 am I have to second the idea of NOT using poison (or quickcrete mixed with cornmeal! WTF...don't rats eat concrete anyhow?) except as an absolute worst case scenario last resort against swarms and even then I think it would result is mass collateral death of innocent creatures.
The reasons are numerous and obvious for not using poison.

Traps of any sort are more sporting and fair.
Also the idea that maybe if other mice see thier buddies get whacked/caught in a trap that they'll move on...pretty sure they don't give a shit but you never know.

The secret of NIHM!
Yeah I don't think them seeing their buddies get whacked does anythign other than make them more wary of the traps.

Coincidentally I recently noticed a new and somewhat expensive rat trap that uses a co2 cartridge to kill the rodent when it senses the rodent has stuck it's head into the opening. I've used electro traps but the problem is you have to check them everyday otherwise if the carcass rots in the chamber is really hard to clean. There's also the tipsy tops for a 5 gallon bucket.. water in the bucket is optional but I don't knopw what one is gonna do with a bucket of vermin other than dump them on the property of somebody they don't like.

One of the early CD covers I did for Obfuscated Records features the remains of one of the wood rats when I lived in Topanga. They're really annoying.. when they find a sheltered area they will make a nest and then fill a nearby area with droppings and piss. The two things combined are very hard to clean away. There's some areas in my Jeep's engine compartment that I've not been able to completely remove the droppings but thankfully they didn't like the taste of the wiring in the Jeep and for the most part left the wires alone.

I've seen some droppings at our new place but didn't see any rats until one mornign I felt this lump on the floor under my desk and it was a semi concious rat. I wasn't sure at first but it was apparently still alive.. I have no idea why it was like this but I disposed of it and hadn't seen any again until I found one that our dog had killed. I've thought about letting the dog have free access to the crawl space of the house but I really need to clean it out.. there's some trash and animal droppings under there. I don't want anymore animals dropping under there. I was thinkign about using my RC truck as a bulldozer with a wireless camera setup so I could clean out the crawlspace remotely.. I'm not claustrophobic but the access holes are awkward and I haven't been able to bring myself to crawl through them.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

I've seen a mouse here before, just ignored. they're hardly rats, or even *shudder* cockroaches.

my parents use humane/life preserving mouse traps, yet is not a vegetarian. dunno what they do with the mice
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

drift wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:55 pm I've seen a mouse here before, just ignored. they're hardly rats, or even *shudder* cockroaches.

my parents use humane/life preserving mouse traps, yet is not a vegetarian. dunno what they do with the mice
Hardly rats...wait until they destroy some book you like or you have to smell a dead one and cant get the smell to go away or they chew through some cable to some crap you need
They are just tiny rats amd shit and piss wherever just like rats

May be your parents eat them?
place holder
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

RUBBISH wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:00 pm
drift wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:55 pm I've seen a mouse here before, just ignored. they're hardly rats, or even *shudder* cockroaches.

Hardly rats...wait until they destroy some book you like or you have to smell a dead one and cant get the smell to go away or they chew through some cable to some crap you need
They are just tiny rats amd shit and piss wherever just like rats

May be your parents eat them?
rats are pretty evil.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

RUBBISH wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:00 pm May be your parents eat them?
hahe I remember that roald dahl book
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

drift wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:57 pm
What book?
place holder
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

RUBBISH wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:40 pm
drift wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:57 pm
What book?
idk just sounds like a roald dahl scene. he lived around here, in Wycombe. there's a local museum; I have helped promote it
Paperback
Noiser

Post by Paperback »

We had a bird come down our chimney and fly into the patio door. We got it out and it flew off!
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I found a tarantula in our laundry room