Re: New Years Resolutions

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:39 pm
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:21 pm
Soloman Tump wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:00 pm Visit / support my local pub more
Cycle local more often rather than drive
Start releasing some of the music I've been sitting on
Get a new job and move house
(Already handed my notice in and got estate agent coming round on Monday. Shit... Its actually happening)
Yes...been half assed looking for a house.
Everything here is either ovwr priced by half because of the lake or like a nice 3bdrm 2 bath with huge metal outbuliding with heavy steel engine pulling frame on 5 acres 55k...great deal huh...fuck no
Up the hill and downthe holler and up the hill on an unpaved un graveled road to a literal fucking cowpath with grass 3 to 4 foot high and 'puddles' big enough to swallow my truck...not to mention the stereotypical meth lab trailers on the way to and further into the woods...fuck...

So yeah expandibg my search and getting serious...gonna look at a small town an hour away where prices are reasonable and the meth is in check

Find a house this year for sure
Read this article about a couple who bought an old Masonic temple in Indiana for $80k.. 20ksqf .. pretty much intact.. the heating bill would be insane .. otherwise would totally live there .. lol
Some idiots dad had the old navy hospital down by union station in Kansas city and this doofass was renting out practice spaces...this building had NO WINDOWS NO UNASSISTED VENTILATION....
Its summer.
So someone turns on the a.c....a few weeks later a $15,000 electric bill shows up....whoops

Saw a church for sale about 45 miles outside Kansas city in a nothing town for 65k...but it looked like it needed a 20k roof and who knows what else.

65k house...good size nice yard fully wired with own fusebox and heated and cooled shop garage.
It smelled like fucking rabbits...oh that's why all..all..the floors have crappy linoleum floors..and no back door...a big window where the door was...why...no bathtub but 2 showers...why...Damnit and it smells like rabbit piss and shit...fuck
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Everything here is either ovwr priced by half because of the lake or like a nice 3bdrm 2 bath with huge metal outbuliding with heavy steel engine pulling frame on 5 acres 55k...great deal huh...fuck no
Up the hill and downthe holler and up the hill on an unpaved un graveled road to a literal fucking cowpath with grass 3 to 4 foot high and 'puddles' big enough to swallow my truck...not to mention the stereotypical meth lab trailers on the way to and further into the woods...fuck...

So yeah expandibg my search and getting serious...gonna look at a small town an hour away where prices are reasonable and the meth is in check

Read this article about a couple who bought an old Masonic temple in Indiana for $80k.. 20ksqf .. pretty much intact.. the heating bill would be insane .. otherwise would totally live there .. lol
Some idiots dad had the old navy hospital down by union station in Kansas city and this doofass was renting out practice spaces...this building had NO WINDOWS NO UNASSISTED VENTILATION....
Its summer.
So someone turns on the a.c....a few weeks later a $15,000 electric bill shows up....whoops

Saw a church for sale about 45 miles outside Kansas city in a nothing town for 65k...but it looked like it needed a 20k roof and who knows what else.

65k house...good size nice yard fully wired with own fusebox and heated and cooled shop garage.
It smelled like fucking rabbits...oh that's why all..all..the floors have crappy linoleum floors..and no back door...a big window where the door was...why...no bathtub but 2 showers...why...Damnit and it smells like rabbit piss and shit...fuck
There was this old mill town brick schoolhouse that my folks considered buying .. I guess to live in but also as a studio space.. it would have needed major repairs and you had to drive past a row of literal shacks who were the neighbors. Have no idea what it would have sold for. Years later I shot a no budget music video there.

I looked at a listing for a house in los angeles that most definitely a crackhouse.. the walls were a dark tan from whatever the fuck they were smoking and the place reeked. Hopefully it'll just get torn down.. at the very least you'd have the strip all the sheetrock and that place was still going for $450k
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

Visit / support my local pub more
there's a lot of pubs in the town i live in, it''s kinda demented how many

gave up smoking so far anyway. the rest will take longer
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Find a house to make a home.
Some other things I've been thinking about
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Finish rearranging/setting up my studio
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Social_Drift wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 am
Visit / support my local pub more
there's a lot of pubs in the town i live in, it''s kinda demented how many
This didn't work out because they were closed for like 90% of the year cry

Plans for 2021:
  • Survive until 2022
  • Set up my music / zine studio in my newly acquired man shed
  • Explore my new back garden of Dartmoor national park and in the process of exploring, get healthier
  • Refine my "sound" and release more music
  • Continue my 1-in, 1-out policy for gear
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Soloman Tump wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:24 am
  • Continue my 1-in, 1-out policy for gear
I could do a 0 in and 10 out and not run out of gear anytime soon.
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Its summer.

I was looking for a place when this house hit the market:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-tag.html

Unfortunately, it drew so much attention that realtors were refusing to give showings since they knew that people just wanted to gawk at it. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was going for somewhere around $140k

Keep your eyes open. New listings pop up pretty often. If you're not seeing anything now, something may pop up that ticks all your boxes.