Comedy

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Comedy

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 am
I was wondering what the historical basis for it was or if it was purely fiction.
I do like Joan Rivers so it could be interesting.
Now lets do one loosely based on Redd Foxx.
It's not bad... kinda drags on but I felt like I got more of the references than most because I've been collecting alot of records just for the bad album covers and there are many comedy records that qualify

Also watched Dolomite is my name which is pretty good..

banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Social_Drift wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:26 pm John cooper clarke - chicken town
What town is that about...I got the idea thats its Liverpool?

Hes great.

The classic Twat
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

One of many bits between Jordan and Conan.
So MISC ish...
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

Wittgenstein and Jokes
I recently watched an interview with the writer David Foster Wallace, and in it he stated that Wittgenstein believed that the most serious and profound questions and issues could be discussed only in the form of jokes.

I also know that one of Wittgenstein's most famous ideas/quotes is xe2x80x9cA serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes."
xe2x80x9cThe things about German food is that no matter how much you eat, an hour later youxe2x80x99re hungry for power.xe2x80x9d This joke is largely unavailable to anyone who doesnxe2x80x99t know the old chestnut about Chinese food invariably leaving one hungry soon after eating, whether one believes that about Chinese food or not. But then one must also know the commonplace about Germans that they long to control others, to have and to wield power. Now it makes some difference whether one only knows this commonplace, or whether or knows it and believes it to be true. And finally, it matters whether one has negative feelings about Germans on that count, or doesnxe2x80x99t. If it offends one to have Germans represented in this way, then the amusement may be lost altogether. (Jokes: Philosophical Thoughts on Joking Matters, University of Chicago Press, 1999, pp. 21-22).
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:14 am xe2x80x9cThe things about German food is that no matter how much you eat, an hour later youxe2x80x99re hungry for power.xe2x80x9d This joke is largely unavailable to anyone who doesnxe2x80x99t know the old chestnut about Chinese food invariably leaving one hungry soon after eating, whether one believes that about Chinese food or not. But then one must also know the commonplace about Germans that they long to control others, to have and to wield power. Now it makes some difference whether one only knows this commonplace, or whether or knows it and believes it to be true. And finally, it matters whether one has negative feelings about Germans on that count, or doesnxe2x80x99t. If it offends one to have Germans represented in this way, then the amusement may be lost altogether. (Jokes: Philosophical Thoughts on Joking Matters, University of Chicago Press, 1999, pp. 21-22).
This was the least offensive nutsy food joke I could find.. I mean unless you like pineapple on pizza I guess?
image.png
Viewed 1765 times
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

This channel has a plethora of old David Letterman show collections...

Some Chris Elliot stuff

Flunky the clown collection

Julia child collection
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Call 1 866 PUNCHLINE
For a joke.
place holder