harsh NW

No ideas, no changes, no development, no entertainment, and no remorse

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: harsh NW

Post by RUBBISH »

How about HARSH as in the west coast(California) slang HARSH...
Example: Hey whats with all the noise man its really HARSHing my high.
Or
Damn did you see that HARSH bail Jimmy took on that wave.

I'm thinking that this is the (one) type of HARSH we are talking about.

Not a punch in the face so much but the burning throbbing aftermath.

A psychic mental situational harshness for non fans of the genre.
Now for afficianados of our genres this doesn't apply obviously.

The WALL part is evident...no change...static.
It the variance of the tones the richness the crunchiness the EQ the length and the theme of the wall are the icing or bits of glass on top of the wall.

I don't care for 45 min unchanging tracks but I understand why somebody would enjoy zoning out or in with something of that length.
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:06 pm

I don't care for 45 min unchanging tracks but I understand why somebody would enjoy zoning out or in with something of that length.
But can you understand why some would say 'enjoying' the aesthetic of the sound is not the point. Quite the reverse?
Proclamation of the Bruitist Wallxc2xa0

The individual no longer has an alternative but to completely refuse the promoted and preached contemporary life.
The only still free behavior is the noise and withdrawal, to never surrender to handling, socialization, and entertainment.
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:36 am

But can you understand why some would say 'enjoying' the aesthetic of the sound is not the point. Quite the reverse?

Proclamation of the Bruitist Wallxc2xa0

Ah yeah...like S&M or jogging or working out. The pain is the reward.
I understand pain and being uncomfortable as pleasure...fashion! (High heel shoes damn stupid tight for pants on 40 year olds)
Sports skate boarding...all require pain to achieve the best results.

I got more scars than you... medal

The second bit...Motherfuckers need to stop promoting thier personal problems as universal knowledge and truth.
(Yes I know I'm decades late but thats ok because near nobody really cares about or follows this shit...just quotes for cool points...cool to who I dont know)

Bunch of effete middleclass armchair bullshit...you want brutalism for real I can take you and show you...I may run off and leave you there but I can show you.
(A general statement directed at the authors you quote not you so much)

The people who actually live the lives these more modern philosophers(you like to quote) like to go on about...do NOT think that way or live that way. They dont have the luxury of academic distance from reality..hell as much as you quote these sadsacks you dont seem to live the life they talk about. Maybe in your head that's what's going on but if you really felt like the quotes you quote you wouldn't have a (living or unbeaten) wife or a nice home (unless its cover for nefarious deeds) with a tidy garden or go for nice drives in the country unless it was to stake out robberies and murder victims.

Yes I am saying that the quotes you post are something a murderer would think but aren't articulate enough to put into words so...they cut throats or shoot people.
The philosophy of mayhem.

It so easy to be negative...no serious respect at all for morbid dead end philosophies that are only good for arguing about some art project or the Nazis.
I enjoy them and find them perversely amusing and yes some of it is 100% true for some people and that includes me but I still don't fucking care to support it or throw it about like it means anything to anyone except a few depressives and self important people and the poor teachers that have to teach it class.

So yes I think we agree...this HARSHness and WALLness is enjoyed because it is unenjoyable and yes the existential morbidity you quote to prove this are spot on...at least from an art school academic angle and this particular subject..HNW
(Yes I dismissed and argued against it but that doesnt mean its not partially or sometimes "true" or all the way true for some and it does have its usefulness I just don't care for it or need it)
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

I'm replying in one statement as I think you dislike my point to point replies... an idea in HNW is not the enjoyment, whether pain or not. Not the entertainment. And what you write that follows I cant make much sense of, who is promoting personal problems as universal knowledge and truth? Oh and some more macho stuff about brutalism, the quote was from Vomir not me. Anyway you see brutalism as violence and art as sensation it seems. OK xe2x80x93 have fun. I seldom quote modern philosophers, as I said I quoted Vomir as he is a HNW guy.

So no we don't agree, HNW can be enjoyed, but needn't be. Art needn't be about enjoyment or entertainment, something can be xe2x80x9cinterestingxe2x80x9d, challenging, puzzling, you, I, may get pain or pleasure from that, but that is besides the point in these cases. A possible way to hear or think of HNW is that it challenges the given ideas of what music is. That some may find pleasurable, others not, but makes no difference to the notion that HNW can be such a challenge.

One's attitudes, feelings towards facts, ideas, etc. are different to these facts, ideas etc. You may be delighted the Titanic sank, or desperately sad, it makes no different to the facts.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Macho stuff...what the fuck.
Stopped reading there.

Ok ill take the macho part but you still present that annoying pretentious prickly ivory tower tone...you have a tone.

That tone is macho. That tone is the tone that pink floyd song is about. That fucking tone is the nightmare of many children and adults. That tone is a harsh wall.
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:44 am Macho stuff...what the fuck.
Stopped reading there.
" effete middleclass armchair bullshit...you want brutalism for real I can take you and show you...I may run off and leave you there but I can show you. "

What the fuck - effete - "(of a man) weak or effeminate." you have a problem with anyone - sorry MAN - using under arm deodorant?
RUBBISH wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:44 am Ok ill take the macho part but you still present that annoying pretentious prickly ivory tower tone...you have a tone.
OK so the topic - Harsh Noise Wall is, as so often switched to your hang up on people. Me in particular. But I wont rise to the bait, you have a tone, boast about drinking with rednecks and being from a sub prime background. Your problem, lets talk about HNW and not your combat boots. I'm really not interested in how hard done by you feel, and your hatred for the middle class etc.
RUBBISH wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:44 am That tone is macho. That tone is the tone that pink floyd song is about. That fucking tone is the nightmare of many children and adults. That tone is a harsh wall.
I like you citing the Pink Floyd, a bunch of very well educated guys from middle class backgrounds, met at polytechnic who basically sold out big time to earn cash after dumping the genius behind their original break from pop. You mean the wall, famous for the kids chorus, who i think went on to fail at school because they thought they didn't need an education, unlike the now rich and famous band who used them. At least in interview they owned up to basically fleecing the public with very naive music... don't get me wrong I was and still are a fan of pre backside of the baboon. But had the fortune in being introduced to other music, and you will hate this, but music at another level. Ouch! I mean the Floyd are OK for 16 year old boys into Dali and masturbation, but there is more to art than that.

Having worked in a school and lived on the council estate, and seen the waste of talent of kids who believed the ideas behind The Wall I speak from experience. I've also worked in adult education and was thanked by guys who openly said they were idiots at school... who went on to get good employment... that's my tone...

So if you are unable to get back to the topic and just want to rant at my tone, you will get no reply.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

this thread has pretty much run its course dontcha ya think?