No ideas, no changes, no development, no entertainment, and no remorse

Moderator: Modulators

Pigswill
Noise Artist

Re: Meditation Wall

Post by Pigswill »

UnderstandDavid wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:14 am
Pigswill wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:12 pm
UnderstandDavid wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:14 am Meditation Wall is my first release from the new project, Understand David, and involves three pieces of HNW made with AM radio and a handheld tape recorder.
The Bandcamp link doesn't go anywhere anymore. What's up with that?
Ballocks! I forgot to change the links when I changed the page name. Try this one:

https://opulentlunchrecordings.bandcamp.com/
Yeah, this link is way louder. Thank you :D
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

UnderstandDavid wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:40 am . The unreleased stuff is largely material lost from STS when the site died, and a few now non-existent netlabel releases that seem to have vanished.
So the sts site is gone?

I have my POTENTIAL TROUBLE SOURCE sts release on my band camp..

Also RUBBISH - such is life Ned Kelly tribute that was on sts needs to be uploaded
place holder
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Post by UnderstandDavid »

As far as I know, Leigh went full-on white nationalist and everybody pretty much told him to fuck off. Not sure when the site itself stopped entirely, but as far as I can see it's gone for good with the exception of a handful of releases via Discogs and Bandcamp.

Shame, it was a good wee label while it lasted and probably gave many of us our first 'break' into noise. That's why I think having a micro-label attached to this forum would be good; it's a platform for existing producers, but also a good way for newcomers to gain some confidence in their noise.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

I thought he simply didnxe2x80x99t have the time/motivation to keep up with it... granted youxe2x80x99d likely know better as you de facto ran the label for a time, but Ixe2x80x99m fairly certain the sts net site sat without updates for years before it disappeared.

You can download the first 160 releases here: https://smellthestench.bandcamp.com/

Ixe2x80x99ve kept my own little archive, albeit an incomplete one; I believe Adrian has the whole thing backed up somewhere...
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Post by UnderstandDavid »

Leigh's just Leigh. He's a guy who's drawn to extremities, but I never had any problem with him. He was someone I considered a friend and I ended up doing the artwork for his wedding, but he always had major issues with self-harm and alcohol. I had tried to intervene and reach out to his sister at one point because I was really worried about him, but my own issues got the better of me shortly after that and I never heard from him again.

I'm sure a large part of STS's demise was down to lack of cash and/or motivation over anything time-related, since he generally just drank all day and mailed out cd-r's and tapes. Whatever his politics are, they're of zero interest to me and I'm actually just happy that he's still alive.

I think Todd Novasak and Shaun from Flat Affect likely have backups beyond what I've got, so hopefully they'll put them online at some point. I know Shaun did take back over things for a while after I went AWOL, but you're right about the site sitting effectively dormant for years.