end Goat

No ideas, no changes, no development, no entertainment, and no remorse

Moderator: Modulators

end Goat
Noise Person

end Goat

Post by end Goat »

Just thought I would share something from this project as I have shared another not-strictly-noise-but-noisy project elsewhere on this site.

I wrote about the end Goat project in the second issue of my zine Deft Esoterica

https://deftesoterica.bandcamp.com/

...but the gist is that the audio in this video was culled from one of between 15-20 tapes I recorded live and sold via the zine Bandcamp. I had previously shared my semantic hangups about the term "noise", as I am sure many of us may have grappled with at times.

While I won't claim the project is unique, I can certainly share that it is fascinating how much conceptual effort and finessing can go into what one might initially imagine to be an exercise in staticity.

The project, it's worth mentioning, is about rural decay.

Thanks for listening!
end Goat
Noise Person

Re: end Goat

Post by end Goat »

More recently and apparently just prior to losing my ability to embed YouTube videos:

And today:

https://deftesoterica.bandcamp.com/merc ... t-cassette
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

hahah weird what';s what the guy did you pay him?
end Goat
Noise Person

Post by end Goat »

Social_Drift wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 pm hahah weird what';s what the guy did you pay him?
Oh, the actor is most definitely unpaid. The glory is enough!
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

fuck off man.
end Goat wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:28 am
Social_Drift wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 pm hahah weird what';s what the guy did you pay him?
Oh, the actor is most definitely unpaid. The glory is enough!
he doesn't do anything
end Goat
Noise Person

Post by end Goat »

Hmm, that seems to be further argument against paying him. Apologies though, if I have upset you, but thanks for checking out the work just the same. I do appreciate it.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

haha.

the "fuck off" was to who i assume daric is. you are just fucking demented tbqh, daric. it's quite shocking that someone that hypocritical exists
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

your levels of hypocrisy, daric, are so off the chart than even mommy can't look at how ugly you are.
end Goat
Noise Person

Post by end Goat »

Ahh, well no harm done. It's unclear to me who Daric is, from this thread, as the only other poster, Indeterminacy (whose handle is an endearing John Cage piece) seems to quote you from a different thread? Goodness, it sounds like a chore to keep track of! I did consider making a pun about being "refurbished", but I'm not interested in inflaming things outside of my understanding and which don't involve me. Guess I snuck the pun in anyway.

Back on topic:

It costs $16.25 to send a single cassette to Europe right now and the Scottish edition of the Rural Noise | end Goat split is sold out. There are two copies remaining:

https://deftesoterica.bandcamp.com/merc ... t-cassette

...of the US edition, and there is no digital version, apart from the above video. Granted, you could loop that video indefinitely, but then you miss the narrative/development in the piece. Also, the Rural Noise pieces are excellent.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:16 am haha.

the "fuck off" was to who i assume daric is. you are just fucking demented tbqh, daric. it's quite shocking that someone that hypocritical exists
I can assure you that your daric is not here