Noise Lore

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Noise Lore

Post by RUBBISH »

Social_Drift wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:15 am
RUBBISH wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:46 pm
NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:21 pm

It's unclear to me who and how it was released? He says he got it in a tape trade but was it a trade with Machenzie?
If this is somebody else sending that crap how did they get it?
Either way its stupid and the skeeter davis stands.

Whoever did it is a goof.

Refer back to nothingistrue for actual insane shit like this.
I liked these posts except for one thing: WHY do you keep liking Kyle so much? what next man, sending Fritzl mail art?
Oh you're one of those people that thinks because a person knows about a thing or mentions a thing that they must 'like' that thing. Isn't that special.
Google church lady SNL
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Former band mates of mines son is wearing a shirt with a flyer from a show his father and I did in the late 80s at the local college radio station. He now has his own time slot on the air and he wore the shirt for his first show
IMG_0570.jpg
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

FB_IMG_1676759489719.jpg
Viewed 1152 times
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:33 pm Image
I seem to recall that they hit Gorenoise the same way and to my knowledge that's never been reinstated.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:05 pm
NoiseWiki wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:33 pm Image
I seem to recall that they hit Gorenoise the same way and to my knowledge that's never been reinstated.
I can imagine! :thinking:
barbedwiresmile
Noise Person

Post by barbedwiresmile »

Hey all! New here but really enjoying reading the posts. Anyone know the story about Scott Reber (Work/Death) and his disappearance from the noise scene? I recently revisited his work and it appears he fell off the face of the earth in 2017.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

barbedwiresmile wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:55 am Anyone know the story about Scott Reber (Work/Death) and his disappearance from the noise scene? I recently revisited his work and it appears he fell off the face of the earth in 2017.
I recall the name but I have no idea and yeah it does seem like he his output ended in 2017
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

tbh that’s the case with a lot of noise artists: they show up, have a few years of high activity, then disappear. Some come back years or even decades later, but in this genre it’s not uncommon for people to lose steam or, just as likely, become preoccupied with real life issues that can’t be remedied by selling $10 limited edition tapes that a few people might be interested in.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

barbedwiresmile wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:55 am Hey all! New here but really enjoying reading the posts. Anyone know the story about Scott Reber (Work/Death) and his disappearance from the noise scene? I recently revisited his work and it appears he fell off the face of the earth in 2017.
I'm guessing you've been following (or perhaps even started) the thread on Scream and Writhe, right? Surely it's not a weird coincidence.

At any rate, I don't know. On some level, based on what I've observed, and what I understand about my own way of working, I suspect SR probably shot his creative load. I think, if he wants to throw a line out to anyone, it'll have to be on his own terms if/when he feels he's reached a point where there's a need or justification. Maybe he's shelved the music thing entirely. Maybe he's had a humongous lifestyle change that superseded or decimated his original raison d'etre. Perhaps he's growing turnips or rescuing guinea pigs or something. Maybe he's morphed into the dreaded FAMILY MAN.

All we can do is speculate, or else bug his known associates through email.
barbedwiresmile
Noise Person

Post by barbedwiresmile »

¾ dead wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:30 pm
barbedwiresmile wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:55 am Hey all! New here but really enjoying reading the posts. Anyone know the story about Scott Reber (Work/Death) and his disappearance from the noise scene? I recently revisited his work and it appears he fell off the face of the earth in 2017.
I'm guessing you've been following (or perhaps even started) the thread on Scream and Writhe, right? Surely it's not a weird coincidence.

At any rate, I don't know. On some level, based on what I've observed, and what I understand about my own way of working, I suspect SR probably shot his creative load. I think, if he wants to throw a line out to anyone, it'll have to be on his own terms if/when he feels he's reached a point where there's a need or justification. Maybe he's shelved the music thing entirely. Maybe he's had a humongous lifestyle change that superseded or decimated his original raison d'etre. Perhaps he's growing turnips or rescuing guinea pigs or something. Maybe he's morphed into the dreaded FAMILY MAN.

All we can do is speculate, or else bug his known associates through email.
Yes! I saw the thread but did not start it. Quite a fascinating individual. Hopefully NOT a family man. Families ruin people!! :lol: