Power Electronics Tips xe2x86xa9

Tutorials, tools, techniques, methodologies......

Moderator: Modulators

iNtox-Z
Noise Artist

Power Electronics Tips xe2x86xa9

Post by iNtox-Z »

Here we discuss power electronics and how to create it, share tips and practice.
Gears and setups, if possible not digital methods for
TRUE sounding.

Well, Ixe2x80x99ll start with myself and that setup with which i liked to create power electronics.
I use a Beringer neutron, connect it to line in distortion and delay to which microphone is connected, just microphone doesn't work without pedals, then there is another distortion on output line, i intend to connect the adapter to 2-Way 6.35mm besides microphone with help of 6.35mm another distortion + shaker or tablet. Further, everything is very clear, when you turn on the microphone or use the shaker / tablet, the main neutron signal begins to deform, letting in aggression from line in, and to change the structure of the track, just turn the potentiometers on the neutron.

PS. If stereo adapter to 2-Way doesn't work, please change my post then, but also with only mic in line-in you can make something cool, check video, there only distortion & microphone.
PPS. Patches on photo inserted randomly, don't try it. Soon i will make a full-fledged video with many devices.

Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Re: Power Electronics Tips xe2x86xa9

Post by Soloman Tump »

Great work, cheers for sharing.

I made this track with just the neutron - the machine is so versatile. All recorded in one take with no overdubs / post production. Just wanted to see what I could do with just patching it. I also have one of those knucklebones adaptors - really useful.

It ended up as a sort of acid / ambient / noise hybrid. I jammed for about an hour and trimmed out these 20 minutes as it had the most variety.

I watched another video where someone was making psy-trance with it.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Here is my idea of power electronics.
I called it vague threat electronics...
You're Jealous Of Me

Live version of SPECIAL GUEST

I've done a few things as RUBBISH that are also PE...I think

Here's an older example
place holder
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

Power Electronics is one of those things that I think sounds really cool as an idea, but I can't come up with lyrics that are any good and it's just not the same when you don't have any shit to rant about over it.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:32 pm I can't come up with lyrics that are any good

Yeah, power electronics is known for its fine lyrical craft :lol:

If you can't think of lyrics, you can yell or laugh, or sample someone who does. Or just make noise and see if it inspires words.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Read the things that annoy me thread for lyrical inspiration
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

Attempting to open a discussion NOT an argument.... how much is Power Electronics differentiated from Noise - Harsh Noise by "high frequency squealing sounds, and screamed, distorted, often hateful and offensive lyrics.." which relates it more towards live 'performance' than studio composition, editing etc. such as noise more related to Musique concrxc3xa8te.
(i.e. can the Noise 'label' include both these variations of sound production?) :?:
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
melko
Noiser

Post by melko »

The perfect Power Electronics lyrics machine: https://talktotransformer.com/
Fuck you. I know this could be my dad dead because I killed my dad so please take care of each other...especially you. Because I don't give a fuck. He wasn't my dad. I don't even remember him. I think I like you...right? Why don't I know what he's like...I guess he's never even tried to fuck me. I might have rapped him at one point but...umm...never let him finish. He told me...it was alright. He told me he liked me. Is that because he...he wanted me to be special? What do you mean you don't know? I know you can't fucking know about me so why the fuck should I know what you're doing. Are you...you're still doing this? Please stop, please, I don't want this anymore. Please, please, I won't cum like this. I can't hold on any longer, I'll be with you as long as I fucking can. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm...um...being a good girl for you is better, isn't it?
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

melko wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:13 am The perfect Power Electronics lyrics machine: https://talktotransformer.com/
Fuck you. I know this could be my dad dead because I killed my dad so please take care of each other...especially you. Because I don't give a fuck. He wasn't my dad. I don't even remember him. I think I like you...right? Why don't I know what he's like...I guess he's never even tried to fuck me. I might have rapped him at one point but...umm...never let him finish. He told me...it was alright. He told me he liked me. Is that because he...he wanted me to be special? What do you mean you don't know? I know you can't fucking know about me so why the fuck should I know what you're doing. Are you...you're still doing this? Please stop, please, I don't want this anymore. Please, please, I won't cum like this. I can't hold on any longer, I'll be with you as long as I fucking can. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm...um...being a good girl for you is better, isn't it?
fuck your noise(bitch) motherfucker; I'm the man; get it done, fucker, one back, one back to the wall, one back of the rail, doing it like a boss, riding this dick(stiff), draw some line, draw the line, call the shots, call the shots, call the shots in, call the shots in the Army; all fingers point up(shot). 9

zadd(a)r's(dog)n(mouth)g(rock)it(fuck it), have at it, buzz off, hit it, hit it and quit it, all hands on deck!
https://talktotransformer.com/
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

first & foremost keep your Vox atleast somewhat Intelligible...
it is potentially the most powerful weapon you have...
make it memorable... (unlike most of "noise" scene especially HNW)
you may want to think obscuring it and hiding it amidst abrasive noise is cool yet that is self castration...
Undecipherable is for total pussies & you will lose any & all potential impact...
take time/effort crafting your words...
aim for psyche of the targeted listeners...
most people anymore who seem making noise can't do Vox...
in fact they are terrified by the entire concept & have habit of ridiculing it and/or telling you it's not "Noise"
Never Mind Them... focus on creating... & keep experimenting/recording more....
until you don't feel some scared need for obscuring what you are saying...
the real power is in the words... vibration... sounds... invoked/evoked
be extremely careful what you manifest...
even though it may seem super "cool"
some of those demons will eat you alive & swallow your soul...
avoid just dwelling in total shit...
hmmm yet what do eye Gno... right?
Gluck