What does noise mean to you?

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Re: What does noise mean to you?

Post by Soloman Tump »

For the past 10 years my life has been consumed with work.

I was listening to more and more extreme music to help me de-stress, I started with techno, went to breakcore and other extreme electronics, then noise.

I use music as a mood stabiliser, sometimes I am quite happy to listen to the folk / country stuff my wife enjoys. Sometimes....

I listen to a LOT of electronica / techno - Autechre, The Orb, Venetian Snares, Xosar, Ekoplekz, Underworld, Lorn etc....

I love the fact that many different folk here have their own favourite noise albums that many others will not have even heard of - due to the limited nature of the releases and the small audience, noise can be very personal.

A few noise / experimental albums from recent years that have struck a (dis)chord with me:

Prurient - Rainbow Mirror
Wince - Traum
The Vomit Arsonist - Nihil Dicit
Juhyo - Thought Reform
Tape Dekay xe2x80x93 Decadimento Del Nastro - Decadenza Di Tutto

So I guess the more "ordered" side of noise, I am a sucker for structure appearing out of the chaos.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

I should also add that I have been thrashing around making my own "noise" but with the shackles of 15 years DJing / making techno, I find it difficult to really cut loose of the rules I have previously adhered too.
My "noise" always ends up too structured, restrained.... so I tend not to call it "noise". More... experimental electronics.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
logorok
Noiser

Post by logorok »

Noise is a kick in the face of the audience!

Oh, did I already mention there ist no audience?
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

only noise is real.

really bad.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Social_Drift wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:16 pm only noise is real.

really bad.
The worst.
I love it.

RUBBISH is about the really bad.

Noise..
Maybe inhumane and cruel at times.
Vulgar and obscene.
Well crafted brutishness and eloquently hamfisted.
Common trash and disgusting debris.
Violent criminal perversions as art.
place holder
amishrobots
Noiser

Post by amishrobots »

amishrobots is the greatyest noise, if you want to make noise great again, you neeed to amishrobots, we am the greatest noise, the best noise bthat ever was. you can't better than amishNOISE, we am the best noise.Those other noise; their not sending their best; they're rapist their mudredsmerfs theyir sending murder smurfs they'r e not the best. But we amk, we am the best noise, wnd we am the greatest noise athat ever4 was. WE AM THE NOISE!! nobody, nooone does noise liek we do, we do noise better than anyonewe invented noise, we made noise, and here we am. you know? we didnt think noise was a gvood idea, but we said noise. and it be came a thing and we noise but who is nois4e really? and so I decided, what we decided was in your best interest, becaause we're afraid your gonn hurt somebody, and your gonna hurt yourself, because you went to our schools, and you went to our churches, and you wentr to our instittutionmal learning facilitiies, so we thought it would be in your best interest, if you got the kind of help we could provide. No you cannot have a pepsi; i'm not gonna give it toyou, because i think that you're crazy. And maybe if you just talk about it, everything will be okay wahts the matter with you? are you on drugs? Nobody NORMAL acts that way! there's something wrong with YOU!
Drfailure
Noise Person

Post by Drfailure »

Noise is whatever. It can be a spiritual experience, withdrawal, high, experimentation, or just breathing on a contact mic and fucking with different effects to make it sound... well... not like breathing.
~~Dr. Failure, probably the worst musician you've listened to :roll:
Wiki: https://www.noisewiki.com/wiki/index.ph ... r._Failure
Bandcamp: http://doctorfailure.bandcamp.com/music