Noise releases on noisewiki imprint?

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

Would you be interested in releasing noise here on noisewiki?

Total votes: 0
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Noise releases on noisewiki imprint?

Post by NoiseWiki »

I've been toying with the idea to create a section here where you can upload your own releases.

To clarify the files would be hosted here.. this would not be just a forum where people are posting external links
zowozon
Noiser

Re: Noise releases on noisewiki imprint?

Post by zowozon »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:41 pm I've been toying with the idea to create a section here where you can upload your own releases.
there isnt a point in making a new section
people already release their noise here on the noise page

just my opinion :D
m
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

zowozon wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm
NoiseWiki wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:41 pm I've been toying with the idea to create a section here where you can upload your own releases.

Ah yes but...recall the Band camp HNW noise delisting that happened accidently?
(They fixed it)

The place
S that host sound are run by musicians and that can be an issue when it comes to noise and yeah yeah some of the hip new music gets sublabeled as noise just like music like sonic youth or fucking REM or the B52s got labeled as punk (no disrespect to sonic youth or B52s)
Not saying that crossover isn't good but...
Look what happened to hardcore punk when it went from hard to heavy and from core to just lame rock metal but with short hair...again I like some of that crap but a lot a whole fucking lot of it sucks really bad because it was contrived manufactured schlock

If you haven't been harassed for making noise thats good and in the last 10 years or so attitudes have changed but it wasn't always this way....and its still difficult to get some record stores to carry noise and to get shows in some relatively major cities(talking about Kansas city in particular)...just cause some noise seeps into popular music doesnt mean noise is accepted...I'm rambling

Side note: Sorry but I fucking hate Babymetal (no I don't wanna talk about it it upsets me too much)

I don't want Noise and its associated co-genres to be beholden to the music world or music fans.

If someone comes to noisewikki the noise should be here...why not if the ability to have it here is possible we should do it.
place holder
zowozon
Noiser

Post by zowozon »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:28 pm
zowozon wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:49 pm

Ah yes but...recall the Band camp HNW noise delisting that happened accidently?
(They fixed it)

The place
S that host sound are run by musicians and that can be an issue when it comes to noise and yeah some of the hip new music gets sublabeled as noise just like music like sonic youth or fucking REM or the B52s got labeled as punk (no disrespect to sonic youth or B52s)
Not saying that crossover isn't good but...
Look what happened to hardcore punk when it went from hard to heavy and from core to just lame rock metal but with short hair...again I like some of that crap but a lot a whole fucking lot of it sucks really bad because it was contrived manufactured schlock

If you haven't been harassed for making noise thats good and in the last 10 years or so attitudes have changed but it wasn't always this way....and its still difficult to get some record stores to carry noise and to get shows in some relatively major cities(talking about Kansas city in particular)...just cause some noise seeps into popular music doesnt mean noise is accepted...I'm rambling

Side note: Sorry but I fucking hate Babymetal (no I don't wanna talk about it it upsets me too much)

I don't want Noise and its associated co-genres to be beholden to the music world or music fans.

If someone comes to noisewikki the noise should be here...why not if the ability to have it here is possible we should do it.
i know man im agreeing with you
what im saying is that people can already release it here so i dont see the point in making a whole new page
at the end of the day it dosent matter that much to me if a new board is made or not
m
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

zowozon wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:47 pm
at the end of the day it dosent matter that much to me if a new board is made or not
I do believe he is saying we would upload the noise to the wiki server...not just post links to material hosted elsewhere.
You would still be able.to post links of course

Right?
place holder
zowozon
Noiser

Post by zowozon »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:53 pm
I do believe he is saying we would upload the noise to the wiki server...not just post links to material hosted elsewhere.
You would still be able.to post links of course

Right?
ah ok

as for the question i would assume so
m
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Would it curated like a label, or would it be more akin to the "NEW RELEASES" subforum on Maniacs?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

what im saying is that people can already release it here so i dont see the point in making a whole new page
Well you can't host the files here currently.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

FAP wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:58 pm Would it curated like a label, or would it be more akin to the "NEW RELEASES" subforum on Maniacs?
It's not people just posting links to their releases elsewhere.
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Post by UnderstandDavid »

This seems like a good idea. The sense of community and camaraderie online seems to have vanished, and I think that having a centralized online source for new releases by new and established artists could help to rebuild that.

I know there's a million netlabels and microlabels, myself included, but something more community orientated, in my opinion, could be a good way to bring people together. Even if it were just releasing compilations from artists on the board, there's definitely potential in the idea.

One downside would be the amount of work involved in running a netlabel that takes random submissions. I used to run Smell the Stench and it was constant uploads, listening and editing artwork, so I know how time consuming it can be.

I definitely think the Noisewiki imprint is a great idea, whichever way you cut it.