Noise releases on noisewiki imprint?

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

Would you be interested in releasing noise here on noisewiki?

Total votes: 0
¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Noise releases on noisewiki imprint?

Post by ¾ dead »

Is it time for a Noisewiki tape trade?

I've been creatively constipated for a long time, not wanting to release anything ahead of an impossible project that I can't seem to "realize". I am not chomping at the bit to produce anything for a physical release right now because of that. But I do like the idea of doing another one like on NG eventually.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Any ideas yet what your label restrictions and minimum standards would be? I'm working on something for this.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

xc2xbe dead wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:52 pm Is it time for a Noisewiki tape trade?

I've been creatively constipated for a long time, not wanting to release anything ahead of an impossible project that I can't seem to "realize". I am not chomping at the bit to produce anything for a physical release right now because of that. But I do like the idea of doing another one like on NG eventually.
Was this a tape round robin, or each person dubs a tape X times and sends out to everyone in the group? Can't remember how it worked
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Soloman Tump wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:15 am
xc2xbe dead wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:52 pm Is it time for a Noisewiki tape trade?

Was this a tape round robin, or each person dubs a tape X times and sends out to everyone in the group? Can't remember how it worked
I don't know if round Robin is the term I'd use but yes everybody in trade sent everybody a tape.

I'd be happy to do that again but my dubbing station is not operational at the moment.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

audio examples here also...
http://www.roilnoise.com/exquisitecorpse.htm

Exquisite Audio Corpse

some vague guidelines...

1. It starts with one audio track* and one person who will coordinate the collaboration from start to finish...

2. The last portion (10-20 seconds) of the first track is sent by the coordinator to a second person who creates their part based on however it motivates them...

3. The second track is then sent to the coordinator who sends the 10-20 second sample of it to the next person and so forth...

4. After a few people have contributed, all the tracks are strung together consecutively, each with a crossfade and mixed down **

5. Nobody hears each others tracks until it's all finished and mixed down. The result is posted here

* track length, number of participants and crossfade time is arbitrary
** no need to include sample as part of your final track
place holder
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

It would also probably drive more traffic to this board. Which I would appreciate because I have nothing better to do with my life than read noise forums but most of the ones with really deep archives died.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair