Opulent Lunch Recordings - New Releases

Moderator: Modulators

UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Opulent Lunch Recordings - New Releases

Post by UnderstandDavid »

Evenin' all,

I've been sorting through a load of material I'd recorded over the last few months, as well as recording some new stuff. I've uploaded full albums from Understand David, and also from my HNW side-project, The Oceanic.

The UD material is pretty straightforward harsh noise, aimed towards the brutally dynamic but without overload. They're free downloads, so help yourself if you fancy something new from the weird Scottish cunt that brought you Chav Stabber...hahaha!

Plenty more to come, whether you like it or not... :lol: :lol:
Last edited by UnderstandDavid on Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Re: Opulent Lunch Recordings - New Releases

Eight cuts of varying intensity and volume. Created with field recordings made to tape, and to digital, and a modular VST.

Turns out I'm getting a track on an upcoming Russian compilation too, so it's inspired me to keep on creating.
Last edited by UnderstandDavid on Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Two more releases on OLR:

The Bandcamp page is now just purely for Opulent Lunch Recordings. Since it's 100% my own material, I don't see much point or benefit in getting a full label account.

On a vaguely related note, I managed to re-acquire an important piece of kit that I used on a lot of the Chav Stabber material, and which contributed to the reality-splitting levels of volume I could get before. The last track on "Origin of Exhibited Cadavers" has some pretty intense, almost tactile bass due to it, but I'm still trying to recall what my old set-up was.

Expect much sonic brutality.
UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Dark ambient, feedback drones and live recording:

UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Released the first album from my new side-project, Zitcum; tape-edits and pause button mayhem, with no additional software/effects/editing. Inspired by the likes of Smell & Quim and Evil Moisture, all of the material is recorded with only a Sanyo Talkbook and nothing else.

It's intended to be a funny, ridiculous pastiche of Plunderphonics, sampling culture and childish humour.

UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Personal life and mental health have been in utter chaos for the last few weeks/months/not-entirely-sure, so excuse the lack of interaction on the boards. Needless to say, I made a shitload of noise for my own projects, and also did some work with the lads for The Council Scheme so there'll be more new material in the coming week or so.

In the meantime, here's a collection of auditory violence that's guaranteed to break the ice at parties.

UnderstandDavid
Noise Person

Uploaded the first of a three-part series called "The Rest of Chav Stabber", which will involve all of my previously unreleased or limited edition releases from 2008-2011. Part one contains the longer tracks I had made, some using circuit bent cards or an amplified desk running through delays, but all of them extreme in volume and sheer harshness.

I've definitely mellowed in my old age...