Daint Recordings

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Daint Recordings

Post by RUBBISH »

I have some artist copies for sale $20 ppd or trade.
Why $20? because trade is better that's why.
Trade can be almost anything so PM me if you're interested in trade.
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Aside from my release artist copies I got all this from Mike at Daint...
The Ann Project tape is scented!
Some nice materials.
1601152338772216041463.jpg
1601152404061646709054.jpg
16011524980281017157857.jpg
1601152555313130623275.jpg
place holder
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

White Widow "The Solid Of Our Existence Is The Illusion But One Which We Created " out now, tape and digital. An hour of synth noise perfection from the Philippines. Image
https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/al ... we-created
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

Caustic Vigilance "With Plan And Intent" cd/digital out now. PE dealing with depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, all that fun stuff. Definitely the feel good album of the year.
https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/al ... and-intent
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Rubby wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:30 am Caustic Vigilance "With Plan And Intent" cd/digital out now. PE dealing with depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, all that fun stuff. Definitely the feel good album of the year.
I like the un-effected vocals...not some whispering over effected stuff that isnt even creepy or scary or tough...not a fan of the buzzed out whisper vocals in some PE.
For that alone this will kick most peoples ass.

Oh almost forgot...the physical release contains the full lyrics!
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Rubby wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:30 am Caustic Vigilance "With Plan And Intent" cd/digital out now. PE dealing with depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, all that fun stuff. Definitely the feel good album of the year.

From a friend.
These tracks fill minutes full with very uncomfortable and provoking disruption. Highly stylized noise frames & well articulated sentiments ov hopeless and rabid regressive depression. I love that the duality ov rage and hopelessness agree here so well. The mirror is splintered. And 10,000 eyes look back in disillusion. Astonishing how candid reminders ov the agony ov emotional connection and the ideation ov the "great leap" can be put to such an artful template. Noise is the place for this. Very thankful for the link.
place holder
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

What I've heard so far sounds fuckin' great, I love it. Must agree with Rubbish that the vocal performance is particularly great. Are you at all a fan of Agoraphobic Nosebleed? Jay Randall's vocals are what immediately come to mind in terms of that sort of clear, punk-esque shouting with a bit of metal gravel to it. Always loved extreme music with really blunt, angry clean vocal performances like that (AnB, Khanate/Gnaw's Alan Dubin is also pretty rad, Deathpile on GR).
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

Thank you guys so much for listening! Rubbish, tell your friend thank you, that's a very eloquent review. I'm glad that he "gets" it.
We wanted the vocals to be unmistakably human, given the subject matter. I'm also not a huge fan of typical PE vocals- with exceptions of course, ha. I do love AG, I didn't consciously try to mimic anyone for the vocals, but Randall does have that awesome unhinged quality that I was definitely going for.
That reminds me, I've thought for years, I'd pay good money to hear PE with Rick ta Life or Ray Cappo doing vocals. That super unintelligible yelling with those utterly weird affects....c'mon! Plus like lots of PE they are sketchy dudes with dubious personal beliefs...it'd be perfect.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

I'm waiting for the johnny lydon right wing PE album with Boyd Rice.... nut

A Krishna themed PE album by some old straight edged hardcore front person woule be pretty great I bet... ;thinking:

Edit. Let me clarify...I don't mind distorted vocals I can't understand I'm just a fucking dick and am gonna talk shit.
place holder
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

Hi guys- just wanted to spam the recent releases:
Mike Yarrish & Matt Sekel " The Government Is Pouring Arsenic Down His Well As We Speak" lathe 7"/pro cdr/digital
A semi-composed piece from 2 mainstays of the CT free improvisation scene, comes with a pro cdr with bonus tracks, digital includes a remix using the actual 7" as sound source.

Crepuscular Entity "An Afterlife in Dahshur" tape/digital
Long form atmospheric harsh noise, conceptual in nature. Also loud and awesome in nature.

Scum Grief "NC999E" tape/digital
Cryptic harsh noise from this relatively new project, great stuff. "Salt encrusted static", in the artist's own words. Tape cases coated with polyurethane, full color j card underneath to give them that popular salt encrusted static look that the kids are crazy for.

stream, download or purchase at https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/