Daint Recordings

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Daint Recordings

Post by RUBBISH »

Back when tapes were common you would always find broken ones on the street wrapped around stop signs and telephone poles. I would take it home and put it on a spool back in a shell and listen to it...recycled tape!
place holder
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

The literal definition of Found Recordings!
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

I recently sat through a xe2x80x9cnewxe2x80x9d David Gilden CD from start to finish and it was a mediocre, disappointing experience.
Then this came on after that and immediately grabbed me; itxe2x80x99s not amazing, but itxe2x80x99s ten times more interesting than the aforementioned Gilden disc.
You just outclassed a dead man skull
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

I'm glad you dug it! Interzona posts here sometimes, hope he sees your feedback.

See, I enjoyed the Gilden cd. Is there anything specific you didn't like or its just not up to snuff compared to his other stuff? I do agree that pretty much everyone else on that gilden archive site is more intense.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Itxe2x80x99s repetitive, not very harsh and just doesnxe2x80x99t hold a candle to Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend.

What site are you referring to?
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

:!: :!: :!:
well holy hot damn, how did you happen upon this?
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

It simply came up in Google when I was looking for downloads of his a few years ago. Think I read on special interest board that someone associated with him is responsible for that site. I always wondered why Texas Chainsaw Dopefiend is not reissued in any significant quantity. Maybe there are no masters left for any of this stuff.
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

birdeater "Brazilian Blue Dwarf Beauty" cassette out now! Honestly some of my favorite noise I've heard recently and I'm so excited that I got to release it. 70 minutes of pure horror murk inspired by (and sounds sourced from) tarantulas. It appears monolithic, but if you listen closely you'll hear the intricate detail and feel the low end. Headphones or cranking recommended. Cassette case is covered with hook tape to mimic tarantula exoskeleton, full color artwork hidden underneath. Master level noise from Connecticut, don't sleep. Though how could you once you see the inner j card.
https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/al ... arf-beauty
Rubby
Noiser

Post by Rubby »

3 awesome new releases to spam...er...tell you about, including:

Rubbish- "New Normal Same Old Nonsense". Hoarded Detritus tape/digital. A gleeful middle finger to the world at large from your favorite moderator and mine, (not to mention noise veteran) RUBBISH! Side A is a smorgasbord of new material that includes among other things- Rubbish's dog, percussive items of unknown provenance, and Rick Astley. Side B is recent-era live recordings that sound like you'll get a chair thrown at you if you get too close to the speaker. Awesome in every way.

ANN Project- "Glen Onoko". Long form harsh noise piece dedicated to the titular location and constructed to mimic the sound of the falls themselves. Cassette is scented with Oak moss! Read more about ANN Project and his concept at the bandcamp page

Black Rabbit Taxi- "Vaccuum and Void"- Dark, murky cosmic horror noise courtesy of this CT master. A must listen. Hoarded Detritus tape/digital

https://daintrecordings.bandcamp.com/