Emil Beaulieau - Polio

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Emil Beaulieau - Polio

Post by RUBBISH »

Rubby wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:21 am If you don't mind me asking, how did you guys find out that Ron has it? Does he have some sort of social media that I just can't find? His catalog looks like it hasn't been updated in years, but neither have his prices so I'm not complaining.
A friend told me.
The point being that it was already sold out and some wise guy had one for sale at $80 on discogs.

I guess it was on Hospital Records facebook page...

I dont know anything!
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:04 pm
I guess it was on Hospital Records facebook page...
I guess since it's a Hospital release it's a limited edition as opposed to the ones RRRon makes but still..
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

FAP wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:20 pm I can tell you right now Emil himself tends to keep to himself, so your best bet if you want things of his is to keep an eye on the label(s) that put out a bunch of his stuff. Labels generally want reach out to as many potential customers as possible; they exist to sell things. Artists may not be that invested in the business side of things. Granted, this is a circumstance where the artist has a xe2x80x9clabel,xe2x80x9d though Ixe2x80x99d argue RRR hasnxe2x80x99t really put out anything other than the occasional recycled tape in years, and Emil apparently likes running an actual record store more than being a brand.
Ron told us a few times that he's primarily interested in being a record store owner. He uses the past tense when describing RRR, saying things like "back when I had a label", etc. We managed to visit his shop again back in June/July. Despite not having an active label, he manages to keep the experimental/noise sections fully stocked with different stuff every time (though a lot of it is also from other labels, of course). I didn't notice anything like the Polio release during any of my visits, but he might still have a copy around. Try shooting him an email about it. He's pretty responsive.