what do you dislike about noise?

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: what do you dislike about noise?

Post by RUBBISH »

E.i.I. wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 pm
Indeterminacy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:44 am
E.i.I. wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:19 pm shit like limited to 3 copies tape releases
shit like limited to 3 copies tape releases and the tape is sealed inside a bag full of water inside a hand painted box
So you are new to Noise, welcome.
haha thanks
the bag of water thing is a reference to something i actually saw in MRR back in the early 90s
i still find it annoying

i get the point someone made about not wanting to get stuck with 100 but cmon, 10 or less copies? why?
10 or less...handmade,just for a show...or like I took the audio from a friends live sets on YouTube and made 4 or 5 tapes and kept one for myself and gave the others to him just for fun...its on discogs :D
Now I don't run a label I just make tapes when I feel like it.
But yes when someone popular does that...maybe its just for fun and friends maybe its because of some dumb reason I don't understand either.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

E.i.I. wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:11 pm i get the point someone made about not wanting to get stuck with 100 but cmon, 10 or less copies? why?
Worst case of this was as a label I was usually putting out 50 to 100 copies but I had this one artist that was pushing for 200 but declined. Turned out they just wanted to beable to say they had a release with 200 copies. Then after making 100 I asked where they wanted me to send the artist copies and they didn't want them?

Later I noticed they were selling tapes of the same release. At sone point they asked me if I'd put out another one of their releases and when I said I had barely sold any copies of the first one they said that wasn't their fault.. ok fine but I'm not going put out another one of your fucking releases either way.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Maybe its just me
because however I appear to be whatever I am to people...but the superior always sort of slightly angry and hateful attitude towards fellow noise doers some people seem to have is fucking annoying and makes me feel very non internet postable feelings.

Ingracious knowitall and aloof
Miserable Fucking asshole personality types.
I guess what I'm saying is...people that maybe should have learned to play heavy metal guitar(works at local paint store) personality type.

Thats the attitude...fuckhead heavy metal guitar player attitude...but with some guy that plays metal springs and broken glass through pedals.

I also associate this attitude with trust funder hippies.

I hate that attitude...maybe its drugs maybe its mental illness maybe its just being a shit person maybe its all the above and more
maybe it's just me
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Note.
I am an 'old people' so keep that in mind when reading this.

Noise is serious business!

Older noise people trying to set Noise rules for newer Noise people.

Sorry but just because youve been at this hobby (anybody ever buy a home with noise money?) for 20 or 30 years and can sell out editions of 20 tapes in a day doesn't really qualify you for anything but making the NOISE you are good at.

The more niche your Noise themes the less qualified you are to say anything about what other people should do...I mean its ok and good you have something to say but maybe release it on a tape for your fans...don't go around acting like you're oppressed or somehow stifled Noise wise because trends and styles from newer noise people are turning away from your pigeonholed Noise style.

Yes standards are good but the arrogance that your standards are universal is fucking ignorantly gross and why young people make fun of old people and old people throw fits blaming young people for ruining the nostalgia old people wanna choke young people with.

Noise is about whatever you want it to be about and do it how ever you want. Dont listen to boring old people when it comes to how you should do your Noise.

Last edited by RUBBISH on Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

People thinking that because they have 100 digital releases that that somehow makes them something and that other people are supposed to give a shit and when they don't give a shit they throw a fit...fuck you.

Take your arrogant shit and put it back in your ass.

Do keep making noise but also do remember that nobody has to care about it
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Harsh Noise Wall releases.

Live HNW can be fucking amazing but I can't get into the recorded HNW.
place holder
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

RUBBISH wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:59 am Noise is serious business!

rage 1.jpg

So obey the machine then you can rage at the machine.

Its just the irony here for me, nothing more.
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

RUBBISH wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 am Harsh Noise Wall releases.

How about Live HNW recordings?
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Indeterminacy wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:43 am
RUBBISH wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 am Harsh Noise Wall releases.

How about Live HNW recordings?
Naw.
I think Its something best experienced live.
A local guy I know that makes HNW is so damn good live. Just fucking brilliant but the tapes just don't capture or deliver the harshness that you get live.
place holder
falc0nhoof
Noise Person

Post by falc0nhoof »

I've always treated HNW as a kind of a palate cleanser for noise, particularly at a show... If I see or know there's a HNWaller there I used to get myself a nice spot and let it wash over me and then I feel ready for something that's actually interesting afterwards.

As for what I dislike - PE

I left most noise facebook groups because of it, not because it's offensive but because it is sooo mind numbingly boring.
Another album cover with a mutilated corpse or crime scene photo. When you start to see the same ones it's like "Come on.... something different... please?"