what do you dislike about noise?

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Re: what do you dislike about noise?

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

FAP wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07 am YES.
Ixe2x80x99m so sick of xe2x80x9ctalkingxe2x80x9d samples in general. It was cool a few times when some grindcore/metal guys did it decades ago, but itxe2x80x99s stayed long past its welcome. Whatxe2x80x99s worse is if itxe2x80x99s not in a language you understand, then youxe2x80x99re not in on the xe2x80x9cjokexe2x80x9d so whatxe2x80x99s the point?
You'll pry my funny samples from my cold, dead hands.

Admittedly, I only really use them in my noisecore band because I adore Charles Bronson (the Powerviolence band, not the actor), but something something cold dead hands anyway!
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
timdrage
Noise Artist

Post by timdrage »

too much music.
Young Hate
Noise Person

Post by Young Hate »

Well, most noise musicians are either: older family men with a background in engineering/higher education in general OR slightly younger, less stable men with at least one detrimental habit

I fall squarely into the latter category, and seeing ppl with their s*it together makes me feel inadequate sometimes
Juntaro Yamanouchi is my favorite bedtime hero!
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

Young Hate wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:35 pm Well, most noise musicians are either: older family men with a background in engineering/higher education in general OR slightly younger, less stable men with at least one detrimental habit

I fall squarely into the latter category, and seeing ppl with their s*it together makes me feel inadequate sometimes
Hey, you can also be a much younger man with at least one detrimental habit!
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
¾ dead
Merzwow

Re:

Post by ¾ dead »

timdrage wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:19 pm
too much music.
Mh. I bought all this modular gear to make "crazy noises" and it's all coming out minimal techno and house music! I'm not going to lie, though. I'm having a good time.
Young Hate wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:35 pm Well, most noise musicians are either: older family men with a background in engineering/higher education in general OR slightly younger, less stable men with at least one detrimental habit

Disturbingly accurate. It's less about feeling inadequate these days than it is feeling hopeless about myself, and worrying I'll never find any potential love interest, or any real and trustworthy friends who aren't total hot messes or outright sociopaths, or just insufferably fussy, uptight snobs outside of meeting people on the Internet, where the odds are slightly better.

Once again, this is in relation to music and the arts in general (especially where "weird/alternative" scenes are concerned). I don't have a lot of real hobbies/passions in life. Very little for me to do or to talk about. If I can't share this one damn thing with somebody, I'm doomed! All I ever wanted was someone else to be my friend and to spoon me at night and share the burden of existence with me and motivate me to go on living through the horrors and banalities of this one-shot, absurd existence in between milking goats, cooking meals and making wobbly synth farts together. Like a fifth-rate version of Coil. Tall order! Especially when you're as fucked up and shitty as everyone else.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Uneducated(drop out) poor and old....thats me hello!
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Young Hate wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:35 pm Well, most noise musicians are either: older family men with a background in engineering/higher education
Yeah I don't know about that..
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Rewrite the first description as out-of-touch snobs who insist on viewing everyfuckingthingyoucanimagine in tedious, rigid, frequently outdated, theoretical sociopolitical/economic terms while failing to recognize that growing up in Boston, Manhattan, San Francisco or whatever, having filthy, disgustingly rich parents and a prestigious private school/university education is not "normal" for most people, and it's a good bit closer to reality. Close enough.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Rewrite the first description as out-of-touch snobs who insist on viewing everyfuckingthingyoucanimagine in tedious, rigid, frequently outdated, theoretical sociopolitical/economic terms while failing to recognize that growing up in Birmingham, England or whatever, having parents and a university education is not "normal" for most people, and it's a good bit closer to reality. Close enough.
Edited to better match Jliat :dancer:
Young Hate
Noise Person

Post by Young Hate »

The Mysterious Creep wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:46 am
Hey, you can also be a much younger man with at least one detrimental habit!
Maybe slightly younger was too off, I'm much younger myself, 22, and the pan's starting to heat under my ass after years of not caring through life
Juntaro Yamanouchi is my favorite bedtime hero!