Noise for/about break ups(?)

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

Young Hate
Noise Person

Noise for/about break ups(?)

Post by Young Hate »

One of my threads inquired about noise for stoners (@RUBBISH & others; Hawkwind is my shit rn & free Don Gorgon) now what about noise about the one that got away?

I know us noisers have to shoot women away with a stick, but what about the ones that settle down but fail to?

I'm still not over this Jamaican chick so I made a drunk noise rap song about her, any of y'all have tracks for break ups, specifically or otherwise?

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/1shs
Juntaro Yamanouchi is my favorite bedtime hero!
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Re: Noise for/about break ups(?)

Post by Pigswill »

I'm not sure what I was expecting going in, but the vocals on that track are on point.

I've made noise thinking about broken relationships before, but it was mostly late at night, blasting it through my headphones. I don't think I saved any of those sessions, but I kind of wish I have.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I'm not gonna name names but I recall one noise friend that managed to totally creep out another fellow noiser. I mean I imagine most female noisers have to deal with a fair amount of that. I had tried to give him some advice to play it cool but his move was to basically propose a new life for them or something as their wife. You have to connect with someone personally otherwise offering them a gilded cage is not appealing.

On a personal note I've had a stalker of sorts. Maybe not in the romantic sense.. not that stalking is ever romantic. I think this person went so far as to call in a fake noise complaint on a show I was doing because they had also been feuding with somebody else on the bill but the Police couldn't figure out where the entrance to the building was and left.

Ultimately I met my wife through the fiance of a noise buddy of mine.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Bro, yes.

I fell in love with almost every man that ever paid attention to me. IIRC, I only "made a song" about one of them.
https://fgfy.bandcamp.com/album/to-be-your-tomb
*PRIVATE BANDCAMP TRACK UNLOCKED!* (because it sucks, but it's relevant. The title is [was] a poetic way of phrasing the desire to have him ejaculate inside my colon)

We do not speak anymore. We really connected over The Smiths, though. Good reason to fall deeply, madly, retardedly in love with someone though, right?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

xc2xbe dead wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:22 pm
*PRIVATE BANDCAMP TRACK UNLOCKED!* (because it sucks, but it's relevant.
I like it
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I just wish it had more variation...
Fire of the Mind
Noiser

Post by Fire of the Mind »

The entirety of Sutcliffe Jxc3xbcgend's We Spit On Their Graves was, if I am recalling the old interviews I read correctly, essentially ten hours of Kevin Tomkins venting in the aftermath of an especially ugly breakup and a subsequent emotional and psychological breakdown. Nasty as it gets, it's one of the more constructive products of such a situation that I can think of in the world of noise, even if you take away the sheer volume of material and focus on the actual sounds on display.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

xc2xbe dead wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 am I just wish it had more variation...
Cut it in half and layer it?
...ah...your colon reference reminds me of a line from a dumb song.
Something along the lines of 'may your mouth be the graveyard for all my unborn kids'
It goes on to describe the persons mouth being a butthole.

Anyhow

As far as break up noise type music
I would think some more dark orchestral type stuff that isn't really noise.
HNW would could be good I suppose.
If you're angry some shouty nasty PE.

Are there not any actual songs/tracks about relationship break ups?
Aside from the SJ mentioned above.
place holder
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:09 am Cut it in half and layer it?
Dude, stop giving away all my Expert Noise Artist techniques!
RUBBISH wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:09 am Are there not any actual songs/tracks about relationship break ups?
Technically, you can't break up if you've never been in a real relationship to begin with.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

xc2xbe dead wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:06 am I just wish it had more variation...
Vomir smiles