Noise Obituaries

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

¾ dead
Merzwow

Noise Obituaries

Post by ¾ dead »

Thinking about our friend Gordon. The picture that most readily comes to mind is that little, rectangular black-and-white picture of him clutching what I've always assumed was a beer. Because it's been burned into my brain in his tiny little obituary page.

I still remember him hinting about his intentions. I still feel like I should've been smarter about that. I know it's one of those things you can never really control. I know it's one of those situations where you think, had you said the magic words, you could've done something. But, in the end, I/we/you probably never could have. And, in the end, it's only for your/my own comfort if you'd have died first: "I would swirl all around you, black as the night. A guardian angel, frozen in time. And in that moment, you would all live forever, shimmering stars in that darkness endeavored." (an un-quote from an un-sung song)

He died the same age I was sure I would, though sooner, because I was younger/am older (confusing).

Anyway, that picture is a depressing, simplistic summary. Please post your own.

PS: Probably a link to that "ugly mug" thread would do
¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Noise Obituaries

Post by ¾ dead »

Just FYI, I was wasted-drunk when I posted this. Then I worked an 8 and 1/2 hour shift at shitty job-place the next day (coz I'm hardcore/don't know how to call in sick), only to get almost that drunk immediately after. I have tomorrow off and the next 3 following that coz I used up the last of my PTO.

Ihatemyjobimightquitwhatareconsequencesreally.

I love all my dead cats and Gordon. I want to be nothing: The cozy wool garb that encapsulates us all.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

There was a guy on NG.. I think his username had boy in it.. something like ____boy... I think it was a reference to Fightclub. Anyway he gave Rubbish and I a bottle of Patron at a show we did in Oakland. I think his name was Dwayne and I believe he died but never got any details.

Recently found out another guy I went to school with OD'd. Haven't been able to find his obit..

I didn't know him but there was a film teacher from the school I went to that was murdered by his wife who was a cult leader and buried in the crawlspace of the house the cult was living in.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

ikeaboy
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

FAP wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:31 pmikeaboy
Yes thats his name he also gave me $20 and both of us nice sandwiches and chips!
I have 3 or 4 cds he gave me.
Ill have to dig those up.
He was a big man. Was involved in union organizing and health care if I recall.
Really nice person.

A few years ago i was told some Kansas city guy died at home and wasn't found for a few weeks.
I was just told...yeah some guy you know died but I dont remember thier name.(well fuck)

So I'm not sure if it was Mark Reynolds who did some really good stuff noise and music wise and was a nice cool guy
or
maybe it was Bob stocker who never liked me because I wasn't a junky art fuckhead.
(Corny Bob Dylan ass looking motherfucker)
place holder