anyone know of any other comps/albums of 1-second long songs apart from...

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: anyone know of any other comps/albums of 1-second long songs apart from...

Post by RUBBISH »

I can't find the manowar cover that I added your head to Tim...needs to be done proper. Hah
place holder
-NRRRRK-
Noise Person

Post by -NRRRRK- »

I found four 1-second songs I recorded for a compilation which AFAIR had been called "Attention Span" or "Short Attention" span.

Songs were recorded March 15th, 2006, so the compilation should have a release date in the first half of 2006. Cannot remember if this was announced as tape or download, but I am pretty sure it was a topic on the old Chondritic board, calling for artists to submit songs.

Could not find any more info on that though, no e-mails or anything.
timdrage
Noise Artist

Post by timdrage »

I found four 1-second songs I recorded for a compilation which AFAIR had been called "Attention Span" or "Short Attention" span.

Songs were recorded March 15th, 2006, so the compilation should have a release date in the first half of 2006. Cannot remember if this was announced as tape or download, but I am pretty sure it was a topic on the old Chondritic board, calling for artists to submit songs.

Could not find any more info on that though, no e-mails or anything.
thinking of throwing together a 1-second-tracks megamix for mixcloud some time soon so if you feel like sending me your tracks
I will include them, let me know any URL/credit you'd like if so. :) cementimental@gmail.com

...hmm i found a comp of that name but the tracks are more like <1min
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:04 amI can't find the manowar cover that I added your head to Tim...needs to be done proper. Hah
:D
10399539_63490223658_4465_n.jpg
Viewed 676 times
-NRRRRK-
Noise Person

Post by -NRRRRK- »

@timdrage: Great. I'll send you a download-link.