Noise musicians and noise music enthusiasts wanted for a study on music preferences

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

Dins2021
Noise Noob

Noise musicians and noise music enthusiasts wanted for a study on music preferences

Post by Dins2021 »

This study on the psychology of music is being conducted by a graduate student and faculty member in the Department of Psychology at Duquesne University. Experimental music and the avant-garde are very understudied realms in the psychology of music, but we think paying more attention to ‘fringe’ music is necessary to further the scientific understanding of the psychology of music. To do this, we need you help!

Participation involves completing a questionnaire set that will ask you about your music listening habits, preferences, and attitudes about music and sound, in addition to some more general questions about yourself. We expect a time commitment of up to 20 minutes for completing the questionnaire. To participate, you must identify as a noise musician, or a frequent listener of noise music.

If you choose to participate in this study and complete the questionnaire set, your will have the choice to have your name entered in a draw for one of five $100 Amazon gift card.

Here is the link to the study:

https://duq.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/ ... 3GsbGsbQ1g
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Noise musicians and noise music enthusiasts wanted for a study on music preferences

Post by RUBBISH »

I assume you are going to trawl this forum for info.
You will find my more detailed answers to your questions here on the forum.

The genre list was not broad enough.
Noise or Noise Music? Those are interchangable but you use them as if they are two different things and that leads to subgenre naming that is totally arbitaray and mostly some marketing, conceptual art thing, a way to order units at the record stores, make some body feel special...so many reasons.

Noise music...musical noise...the whole thing with naming of genres is a mess and necessary but totally silly to me.

Good luck with this.
place holder
Antirealist
Noise Person

Re: Noise musicians and noise music enthusiasts wanted for a study on music preferences

Post by Antirealist »

the inner labrat wants me having noticed this earlier.