Noise Lore

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Noise Lore

Post by RUBBISH »

Add this to the noise lore
Capture+_2021-03-08-17-47-13-1.png
Viewed 1798 times

I don't use this word much but..
Fucking EPIC.
place holder
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

That mad lad...
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:48 pm Add this to the noise lore

Fucking EPIC.
When I took him to that shitty motel you also stayed at when we toured they asked for his id and didn't think it was legit.. and it wasn't even goofy as fuck as this one
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Came across this little gem whilst digging through my files today, from the old NoiseGuide forum:
Zalhietzli wrote: Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:47 am

Some weird/cute stuff happened during my last show this friday. It was during an exhbition preview at an art house. I played 2x20mn shows, which almost emptied the room within minutes each time. Nothing weird so far, but during the first show, one of the artist, a chinese middle-aged man squat just next to me (I was playing on my knees on the floor). We smiled at each other and I kept turning my knobs. Later I learnt he was getting his picture taken with me as some kind of decoration, in a very chinese tourist fashion.

During my second show, still kneeling over my pedals, the room empty, I saw a pair of small legs walking towards me. It was the neighbor daughter, she was maybe 5 or 6.

"I like what you're doing"
*KZRKKGKZZZFFFFRRRRRRR-"Thanks"*-*KREKRKZKVZZZZRR*
"I wanted music tonight so I'm happy because there is music"

She then proceded to walk accross my pedals to give me a kiss on the cheek.

Aaaand, I sold a CD. During my soundcheck.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:48 pm Add this to the noise lore

Fucking EPIC.
cool. noise made the news!
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

Social_Drift wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:01 pm
cool. Furbies made the news!
Furbies really are the best.
furby yellow.jpg
Viewed 1573 times
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:08 am
RUBBISH wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:33 am What about that sword wielding guy angry at all the noise in Sacramento?
I have heard that somebody got some video of the noise ninja but it has never surfaced.
Just read this again today and immediately decided I need to do a project called Noise Ninja. Neckbeard getup (duster, fedora, etc.), cheap mall kiosk sword, contact mics taped all over said sword, meaningless Kanji everywhere, pure Mall Ninja aesthetic as applied to Harsh Noise. Noise and Ninjas must be allies, not enemies!
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

Fire of the Mind wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:56 pm Griz+zlor holds an interesting place in the history of American underground black metal as well as HNW, as one of the earliest releases on the Jeshimoth Entertainment label was a collaboration between him and none other than Jute Gyte hisownself. Really hard to find that album!

By the way, FAP, that rundown of Wisconsin noise is fascinating. Also may have been worth making a nod to some of the super early Hospital acts in the Madison area as wellxe2x80x94Potassium Cyanide Dogbane Sentiment, after all, comprised the Prurient live band at that show, and Nuclear Pigshit's few releases are extremely uniquexe2x80x94but that is but a minor nitpick and anyone listening to that Noisextra interview can get the full Madison-era Hospital story as a further supplement to your own recollections.

I have no idea what the Philly scene is like other than that Lauren Pakradooni (Tether) is local and the Mausoleum of Contemporary Art and the late lamented R+D Vinyl held a number of noise performances back in the day. There was also a pretty healthy noise-punk scene last I checked which would occasionally bleed into full-on power electronics; I think NAH are among the best known, although they have more of a hardcore thing going on.
That's kind of funny. I had JY over here ages ago, he was really funny. I saw he became a "Serious artist" several years back. I mostly remember him pissing off my room mates and a French guy who at the time was my arch nemesis.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

I forget the guy's name, handle, but maniacs in his infancy claims the best noise claim I have ever heard ("it's all distrotion") and it turned out he beat his gf.
so that's f BULLSHIT. .
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:30 am I forget the guy's name, handle, but maniacs in his infancy claims the best noise claim I have ever heard ("it's all distrotion") and it turned out he beat his gf.
so that's f BULLSHIT. .
Do you mean Kyle Gregory Nonneman aka Nothingistrue? He's still in jail for that AFAIK.