Noise Lore

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Noise Lore

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:51 am is lisa carver jewish? i have no idea anymore.
Why? And not AFAIK
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:56 am
Social_Drift wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:30 am the fact you are public about trying to get me banned doesn't make you any less cretinous lol
Stay on topic
Yes please.. both of you.

image.png
Viewed 1967 times
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:03 am
Social_Drift wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:51 am is lisa carver jewish? i have no idea anymore.
Why? And not AFAIK
i just heard [read] someone say that boyd rice would "get in trouble" for being her husband

i.e. just wondering if he's trying to make nazism... total narcissist either way, imho
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:21 am
Why? And not AFAIK
i just heard [read] someone say that boyd rice would "get in trouble" for being her husband

i.e. just wondering if he's trying to make nazism... total narcissist either way, imho
Maybe they meant she wouldn't put up with his bullshit.

Also last time I heard even actual nutsy's don't take Boyd seriously.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:25 am
Social_Drift wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:21 am

Why? And not AFAIK

Maybe they meant she wouldn't put up with his bullshit.

Also last time I heard even actual nutsy's don't take Boyd seriously.
right yeah that makes sense... so he's pranking everyone else now lol?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:26 am right yeah that makes sense... so he's pranking everyone else now lol?
I dunno.. I think in the case of the nutsy stuff he went way past the point where it was a prank and or at all funny. His writing seems to attract readers who are earnest white nationalists and right wing douchebags. The thing is these days there is money in writer that kinda crap whether you believe the shit you are writing or not.. just like the conspiracy shit. This stuff has went from the fringes of society where it belonged to the mainstream.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

yeah, that's a really fair point xdugef.

i can't get over how people say that hitler was a good orator. he wasn't, he was just a dangerous racist. he had nothing on churchill at all, imho, yet people don't watch those speeches with a hardon.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Just posting this because Luke asked about it offline .. not sure if it's already been covered in this thread..

Beef between Ron Lessard and Stimbox:
I guess the main drama was that Rrron snubbed him on being included on the California box set which seems like quite an omission. I don't know if there was already beef between Ron and Stimbox that resulting in Ron being a douchebag about it. Anyway supposedly Stim gave Xome some material to use in his tracks that were included on the boxset. Then there was an edit war on discogs of trying to credit Stimbox on the release. After that Stimbox seemingly lost interest in noise and took up judo and sold all his pedals.

Beef between Sickness and Stimbox:
The other drama that comes to mind was some kinda beef between him and Sickness .. I'm not sure but I think the Stimbox Lasers up your ass was a response to Sickness dubbing Stim's sound as laser noise for his use of delays. Sickness challenged Tim to a noise duel where neither would be allowed to sue delays because Sickness thought using delays in noise was too easy. The one time I saw Sickness play there were several extended periods where he lost the signal and was clearly frustrated in trying to get the noise going again whereas in theory if he'd had a delay in there he maybe could have hit loop on it to not get caught with his pants down.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

NoiseWiki wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:58 am The one time I saw Sickness play there were several extended periods where he lost the signal and was clearly frustrated in trying to get the noise going again whereas in theory if he'd had a delay in there he maybe could have hit loop on it to not get caught with his pants down.
This feeling is so real for me :?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

FAP wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:43 pm
NoiseWiki wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:58 am The one time I saw Sickness play there were several extended periods where he lost the signal and was clearly frustrated in trying to get the noise going again whereas in theory if he'd had a delay in there he maybe could have hit loop on it to not get caught with his pants down.
This feeling is so real for me :?
Been there too.. also had the problem of not being able to figure out where the signal is coming from so I can turn it the fuck off without turning off the mixer