Noise Lore

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Noise Lore

Post by NoiseWiki »

A thread for various stories and anecdotes about Noise.

Some stories I would like to cover are:
History of noise forums

Mothers Against Noise

$14k noise release
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Noise Lore

Post by RUBBISH »

Maniac gate
BRR
deathkey
All the above forum history

This one happened 2 or so years ago
Involved Benjamin Joseph and his label and
Gas station of love and a few other people not sure what triggered it all
...dont know much about this one. Rather its all second third hand.

Show stories...guns cops nudity sex drugs?
What about that sword wielding guy angry at all the noise in Sacramento?
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:33 am What about that sword wielding guy angry at all the noise in Sacramento?
This happened at the 2009 Norcal Noisefest XIII at the Greens Hotel in Sacramento
https://www.norcalnoisefest.com/archive/about_nf09.html

For several years in a row the fetival had been held at the THE SPACE THEATER but due to a booking conflict with a church group the organizers had to find a different space. As it turned out the owner of the Greens Hotel was willing to host the fest. So the goal was that out of town participants and guests of the festival would rent all the rooms in this renovated motel. The motel had a "playroom" that we would have the show in. However we did not rent enough rooms to effectively take over the motel. However the owner of the motel also owned a house behind the motel with a converted garaged and offered it to us to do the show in.

When I arrived and learned of the change of plans my first thought was whoever lives next door was about to be in for a bad night. So we did the show which wrapped up around midnight. I had pulled my jeep up to the gate that surrounded the property and was loading my gear into it. I had just placed some gear in the back and turned around to get more gear when I noticed a man I did not recognize gesticulating wildly at Bill who was one of the show organizers and was manning the gate. It was pretty dark in the alley but I could see that the man had some kind of black stick in his hand. As I got closer I thought to myself is that a katana. Suddenly the man spun around and while tugging at the sword said you want some of this? I said "no" and told him "the show was over". In a split second I had a sussed out that this was neighbor and he was obviously irate about the noise. Why had he waited until the show was over I wondered. Anyway I breezed past him and hurried to try to get the rest of my gear before the situation worsened. However no sooner had I entered the gate than some sort of scuffle occurred between the irate neighbor and one of the show show goers. The gate was slammed show and was no jammed. Everybody was trapped inside the gate and the crazed katana wielding neighbor was in the alley along with my jeep which was parked and still had the trunk open.

Immediately there were numerous calls placed to 911. In the meantime one of the members of Actuary was arm wrestling with the guy through the fence. Dustin bent the guys fingers backwards into a very unnatural position. The guy just looked at him. He must of have been on drugs. At some point his wife or girlfriend appeared and the sword disappeared. He said something about getting his shotgun. Eventually the police arrived and the guy had fled the scene. We were still trapped inside the gate and nobody was arrested. Somehow somebody got the gate open and the night was over but the festival wasn't.

We continued the festival the next day but at a much lower volume. I'm pretty sure I saw the guy in his truck drive out of the alley at some point but there were no further altercations. I have heard that somebody got some video of the noise ninja but it has never surfaced.

Here's me giving a thumbs up to some of the trash leftover from the show.
image.png
thegreens.jpg
Viewed 4129 times
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

NoiseWiki wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:04 am
$14k noise release
Just to be clear.....
This one?
http://catharticprocess.com/?wpsc-produ ... od-iv-5xcd
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

How about the xdugef rubbish having over 10000 posts each on troniks fiasco
...that seemed to piss some peoples off.
wonder where those upset people are now?
place holder
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Indeterminacy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:12 am
$14k noise release
Just to be clear.....
This one?

Over estimating sales and getting a mortgage on your home is the bastard!
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:09 am How about the xdugef rubbish having over 10000 posts each on troniks fiasco
...that seemed to piss some peoples off.
wonder where those upset people are now?
I saw Greh at the Evil Moisture show in Los Angeles recently and he said hello.. I have not seen Phil at a show in years.. the last one was a Prurient gig like 10 years ago or something
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:14 am
Indeterminacy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:12 am
$14k noise release
Just to be clear.....
This one?

Over estimating sales and getting a mortgage on your home is the bastard!
Apparently he used student loan money and then some noise bloggers immediately uploaded rips of the release and he lost his shit.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Was kinda surprised to see his website is still online..
Itxe2x80x99s been awhile. Years, really. The mailorder is closed. I am unable to regularly access my inventory or fill orders. The label has been on a hiatus and will remain so indefinitely. If you run a record store or distro and would like to buy label or distro inventory, please get in touch. The catalog remains available for browsing. Most of it is still in stock, but some items have not been updated.
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

I killed troniks... I think.