Lucidet - Life Death Chaos Order (4 discs of noisy drone)

Moderator: Modulators

Lucidet
Noise Person

Lucidet - Life Death Chaos Order (4 discs of noisy drone)

Post by Lucidet »

Not sure if this belongs here, tbh. I feel like it's too droney for noise folks and too noisy for drone peeps, so who knows. But I tend to lurk in noise forums like the old noisefanatics one more than I do in drone communities (do they have those?) so here I am. This is a little more than 6 years of material, whittled down into a 5 hour experience. Check it out!

¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Lucidet - Life Death Chaos Order (4 discs of noisy drone)

Post by ¾ dead »

Definitely interested. It's cool to see you're still making material. I used to "delve" a lot, so the The Benadryl Album is sort of a modern cult classic.
The Mysterious Creep
Noise Artist

Post by The Mysterious Creep »

Drone and Noise go together like chocolate and peanut butter (or something else that's a better comparison because I'm allergic to peanuts), chances are that in making noise you'll eventually make something drone. Interesting album. Some of the tracks I'm not so hot on (kind of inevitable with a four-disc release), but stuff like "Texas" is pretty cool. I like ambiance.
Even if you took a few years and learned all the chords you'd still have a limited number of options. If you ignore the chords your options are infinite and you can master guitar playing in one day. - David Fair
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Hello, yes, im very interested... will probably grab the digital as postage costs are a real mood hoover still. Really nice presentation on the box though
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

I have just spent the last couple of hours listening to this and it is really fucking good!

Kind reminds me of the noisy drone psychedelic parts of Prurient's Rainbow Mirror, which is the only other longform sprawling album I own that I can compare this to.

Anyway, great work, and I will purchase as soon as I can.

I will stick one of the shorter tracks on my next radio show!
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
Lucidet
Noise Person

Post by Lucidet »

Thanks for the kind words, guys, I appreciate it.
Soloman Tump wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:28 am I have just spent the last couple of hours listening to this and it is really fucking good!

Kind reminds me of the noisy drone psychedelic parts of Prurient's Rainbow Mirror, which is the only other longform sprawling album I own that I can compare this to.

Anyway, great work, and I will purchase as soon as I can.

I will stick one of the shorter tracks on my next radio show!
Thanks, that's awesome! I haven't heard any of Prurient's recent stuff, so I'll have to check that out. I did see him right before covid hit, and the stuff he was playing was straight up my alley. I think my biggest inspiration for making a long ass album is Natural Snow Buildings. I can't believe how much I've listened to them, despite their obnoxious album lengths. So I figured maybe it wouldn't be so bad to attempt it myself.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Order placed. Now I just have to set up four CD players so I can hear them all at once when it gets here.
Lucidet
Noise Person

Post by Lucidet »

¾ dead wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:47 pm Order placed. Now I just have to set up four CD players so I can hear them all at once when it gets here.
Thanks! And actually I'm kind of curious to try that now that you mention it so I bounced out a quick mp3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/65bo3dp5 ... k.mp3/file
Maybe that ruins the magic of 4 separate CD players but I'm kinda lazy.