Tump Clump Radio

Moderator: Modulators

Pigswill
Noise Artist

Re: Tump Clump Radio

Post by Pigswill »

Soloman Tump wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:09 pm Episode 9 hit the local airwaves of Devon this week, and i've now posted it to Mixcloud:

Featuring Usagi, COLDSORE, Bourbonese Qualk, Lee Riley, HAIRSABYSS, LampEyes, Babe Terror, Hoodrat Messiah and more... including me.
Really great episode, as usual. This one was particularly relaxing. Hearing Usagi's "the descent of ninety nine mortal steps" was a pleasant surprise. And the Neutron playaround at the end was nice. It's just reminding me that I still need to pick one of those up for myself!
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Episode 11 is now up, featuring ALL EXCLUSIVE CONTENT from COLDSORE, Scum Alice, BLACKCLOUDSUMMONER, Ekoplekz, Hannya White, Pillars of Golden Misery, Shaun Robert, Plague Arish and me. Live recordings, demos, archival bits and unreleased.... thanks to everyone who submitted sounds. Another "live" show next month as I have more to offer :dizzy:

(if anyone here has any sounds they think might be suitable for the show, please send them my way and I will most likely fit them in)
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
Phogmasheeen
Noiser

Post by Phogmasheeen »

Soloman, I think you may be missing an opportunity.
This line started me to thinking... "whatever I want really as long as it is DISMAL."
I think you might consider building a stomp-box that will take whatever is fed in and spit out four different flavors of DISMAL. Flavor "A"- sniveling low-pass DISMAL, "B" uncertain incoherent DISMAL, "C" - guilty, self loathing DISMAL and finally "D" - full throated roaring enraged DISMAL.
Get the person that designed the Tump Clump logo to do the box graphic and I see you being the toast of the town in Anaheim next year at the NAMM show!

The other thought was a cooking show...
Soloman Tump wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:13 am The directors are very open minded in terms of content (no swearing though as they replay shows during daytime hours too) - so i've played a real mix of noise, drone, industrial, power, weird, experimental, spoken word... whatever I want really as long as it is DISMAL. I feel quite lucky having a fairly open mind when it comes to sound.
Not a team player. Doesn't take unsolicited advice. Otherwise charming...
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Heh thanks! BLACKCLOUDSUMMONER designed the original Tump clump logo. Sure I could commission a stomp box design.....

There's a FL Studio mastering plugin called Soundgoodizer that has 4 buttons ABCD, I could basically just nick that.
plug_fx_soundgoodizer.png
Viewed 1044 times
Phogmasheeen
Noiser

Post by Phogmasheeen »

I think the layout of the pedal is fine. It is much to colorful and chrome. I would suggest a bog green box with black graphic and lettering.

On a different note. I am listening to Tump Clump #3. A brilliant edition. The end groove of the Zager and Evans single was golden.

Soloman Tump wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:25 am Heh thanks! BLACKCLOUDSUMMONER designed the original Tump clump logo. Sure I could commission a stomp box design.....

There's a FL Studio mastering plugin called Soundgoodizer that has 4 buttons ABCD, I could basically just nick that.

Not a team player. Doesn't take unsolicited advice. Otherwise charming...
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Latest episode of sounds

Noise/drone/weird/stuff/indsutrial/yeahbaby

No fucks given to the purists but my brain works by mixing stuff up. I draw from a wide pool. Enjoy, or not.
Paperback
Noiser

Post by Paperback »

I’m enjoying episode 13. Liking the variety!
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

yay, music/noise... listening now.

:deadbanana:
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Episode 13 delivers. Also, congratulations on the first anniversary of the show! Here's to many more! :onfire:
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Pigswill wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:05 pm Here's to many more! :onfire:
Funny you should say that...

Episode 14 is the last one for the time being, my radio station is handing over hosting to a European arts project for the summer. So I get a few months off. But I am planning a couple of online only specials to see through the summer months.

Anyways, have included a couple of tracks from he Very Friendly Tribute to Throbbing Gristle in this show, they sounded great! A pleasure to play this stuff out to the general public of rural Devon then out across the interwebs