Noise nutsies

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Noise nutsies

Post by NoiseWiki »

FLORIDA MAN wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:04 pm
why are we giving this shit any attention?
Good point.. but like I said the details are so absurd that it feels like a prank and a good one imo

If it's not a prank it's good to know that those fuckers are so certain the show will get shutdown if they make it too public but on the item hand if it's invite only why does it even need a flyer?
timdrage
Noise Artist

Post by timdrage »

The bands seem to be real but I'm not convinced this isn't a prank by some 'apolitical' noise 4chan nerd or a CIA sting operation

mainly calling it a 'nutsy noise fest' when there' no noise acts on the bill (there are like 4 'power electronics' acts which I bet are more like drone/metal-ish electronics with weak shouting) is one of the things that makes me feel like it could be the work of some disgruntled noise scenester turned techno DJ or whatever trying to stir up trouble

I saw someone comment that none of the bands they've looked at seem to have mentioned the gig on their own social media tho maybe they're promoting it on some secret nutsy telegram channel or whaver

the idea of nutsy digital hardcore is the stupidest thing ever :D

anyway yeah it's probbaly 100% real, nazis can be internet-ironic trolls just like the rest of us

This betterrrr get shut down if it happens, considering the fuss people have made over gigs just with artists who were on the same label as someone who knew someone who once wore a tshirt with a viking rune on it or whatever
timdrage
Noise Artist

Post by timdrage »

also 'HATE SPEECH' was better used as the name of the racist HNW act which turned out to be a prank by a certain famous juggalo power electronics artist :D
"The 'artist' Hate Speech was a ruse I made up in 2013. The guy didn't exist, he didn't commit myself, he didn't "do a lot for the local scene in Rochester" (a quote I literally heard a guy say to some one at a local show once after claiming that he had seen Hate Speech live a few times before his demise), and every single release was literally just the same recording of a BATHTUB FILLING UP that ended with me audibly turning off the faucet, and letting it drip for a few seconds. Around 2012 me being a Juggalo in the noise scene made me an easy target for faux-pc gate keepers (aka bandwagon hardcore kids who have all since grown out of the genre they so aggressively latched onto) who in the same breath were hypocritically supporting their friends racist noise projects. The point? You can slap an edgy cover over the recording of a bathtub filling up, and as long you call it Harsh Noise Wall some racist dork will think it's a valued piece of art. Do your homework. Stop taking things at face value, stop rehashing formulas in a genre that never should have been formulaic, and stop supporting your friends racist projects just because "he's a nice guy in person". R.I.P. Adam Larbet, you were my favorite prank."

Almost makes me regret never doing my fake nutsy PE label idea "HATE MUSIC, LOVE RACISM"
FLORIDA MAN
Noise Artist

Post by FLORIDA MAN »

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

FLORIDA MAN wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:43 am Image
Wrong thread RIP Betty White
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

FLORIDA MAN wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:43 am Image
Rest in power, queen
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

timdrage wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:30 pm also 'HATE SPEECH' was better used as the name of the racist HNW act which turned out to be a prank by a certain famous juggalo power electronics artist :D
"The 'artist' Hate Speech was a ruse I made up in 2013. The guy didn't exist, he didn't commit myself, he didn't "do a lot for the local scene in Rochester" (a quote I literally heard a guy say to some one at a local show once after claiming that he had seen Hate Speech live a few times before his demise), and every single release was literally just the same recording of a BATHTUB FILLING UP that ended with me audibly turning off the faucet, and letting it drip for a few seconds. Around 2012 me being a Juggalo in the noise scene made me an easy target for faux-pc gate keepers (aka bandwagon hardcore kids who have all since grown out of the genre they so aggressively latched onto) who in the same breath were hypocritically supporting their friends racist noise projects. The point? You can slap an edgy cover over the recording of a bathtub filling up, and as long you call it Harsh Noise Wall some racist dork will think it's a valued piece of art. Do your homework. Stop taking things at face value, stop rehashing formulas in a genre that never should have been formulaic, and stop supporting your friends racist projects just because "he's a nice guy in person". R.I.P. Adam Larbet, you were my favorite prank."

Almost makes me regret never doing my fake nutsy PE label idea "HATE MUSIC, LOVE RACISM"
who? no idea how I missed that lol

I know a lot of brilliant "white" people, and I don't have a problem with that. however, "white people" have no right to exist.

(this is me trying too hard)
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

Fire of the Mind
Noiser

Post by Fire of the Mind »

I knew just from the juggalo thing that it had to be Sean Beard. That man is a treasure.

While there is a distinct if small possibility that this is some kind of elaborate troll, the fash really are this fucking stupid sometimes. It's kind of part of the m.o. of being far enough up your backside to not even bother with dogwhistles: The ostensible opsec is less about protecting the "scene" than protecting whatever boring day job or innocuous online presence you have outside of your Daring, Edgy Alter Ego. I'd keep an eye on this, legitimately dangerous or no, if only because it would be hilarious to embarrass them.

(Incidental note: I do find it funny that it seems this is small potatoes enough that they couldn't even get any "big names" in fash power electronics like, say, Genocide Lolita to show up despite that twerp having apparently put out a release on the same label that most of these guys are associated with.)