what noise makes you ask "why"

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

banned
Merzfinity

what noise makes you ask "why"

Post by banned »

I have found the ultimate descrimantor of all the arts lol

what recording make you ask why, why did they do that, or just wtf?
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Re: what noise makes you ask "why"

Post by Pigswill »

99% of what other people make and 100% of what I make
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Pigswill wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:10 pm 99% of what other people make and 100% of what I make
Do you not get any personal satisfaction out of what you make?
None at all?

I'd the sounds I make didn't provide any personal cleansing or catharsis then I wouldn't bother. But they do, so that's why I carry on.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

true catharsis trough art is EPIC. for me, harsh sounds / noise can do a good job of emulating that emotional release. I remember on RYM (rate your music) around 2007 someone - not from noise world I think - saying sometimes they liked to just BLAST harsh noise to themselves when they got on the bus. I can relate to that. I guess it's more about isolation than it is purging, or at least purging yourself of other people rather than some people.
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Soloman Tump wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:40 pm
Pigswill wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:10 pm 99% of what other people make and 100% of what I make
None at all?

I'd the sounds I make didn't provide any personal cleansing or catharsis then I wouldn't bother. But they do, so that's why I carry on.
My comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I certainly do get satisfaction out of it. Occasionally, I'll take off my headphones after realizing that I've been essentially screaming at myself for an hour and contemplate why I'm doing what I'm doing. But overall, audio experimentation is enjoyable on many levels.
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Pigswill wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:12 pm
Soloman Tump wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:40 pm
None at all?

My comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I certainly do get satisfaction out of it. Occasionally, I'll take off my headphones after realizing that I've been essentially screaming at myself for an hour and contemplate why I'm doing what I'm doing. But overall, audio experimentation is enjoyable on many levels.
Heh, yeah... sometimes im in the "zone" thinking shiiiiiit maaatteee this is quality

When I listen back to the recording its straight in the recycle bin
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

I guess that's the risk of noodling
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

HNW...why?
Live it makes some sense but a recording of the same sound for an hour is stupid. I don't wanna hear any reasons or excuses about it.
yes its a common place to start with making noise but I don't care, assume responsibility and admit its stupid and please move the fuck on.
The first few times somebody did it...cool...but after that fuck you don't release it you masturbating dork.
They have machines and devices that make and deliver HNW better so you're just being a worse than worthless hipster goof.
Again live is different for the few that are good performers but most live HNW is total crappy shit and a waste of time and hearing damage.

HNW is the absolute worst thing about noise. Worse than political dipshits and sex creeps.
Honestly I don't care why.

But why...the worship of other noise makers is something you may do the first 5 years or so but after that...why? There's people that others call great and amazing and really theyre just alright like every other noise maker. I'm not a fanatic for any artist. There are a whole lot of artists that I really like and prefer over other artists but the fanboyism is like...why? This isn't about not recognizing and appreciating great artists but the slavish devotion...why?

The why of sucking off different artists because of their sex gender ethnicity or some other thing that has fuck all to do with the actual noise is something I don't really get.

I do like having people other than straight males making noise but fetshizing them is just silly.
Encouraging and promoting them is good and not the same thing as fetishizing.

I do appreciate new themes or outlooks that people other than straight (white or Japanese) males bring to the genre but again acting like the sounds are better because of a vagina or skin color is kinda weirdly sexist and/or racist to me.
place holder
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

lol ^

how is fun to make, and a lot of it is likeable. good insults tho
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

all of it and none of it