Call for Submissions: Small Sounds for Small Bugs (comp of 30-second tracks)

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

Pigswill
Noise Artist

Call for Submissions: Small Sounds for Small Bugs (comp of 30-second tracks)

Post by Pigswill »

Hey everyone,

We spend a lot of time making big, loud sounds for ourselves. But sometimes we forget about our little friends that live under rocks, in trees, and in cracks and corners. This Spring, we will make some smaller sounds for tiny creatures. Whether it's a recording simulating bug noises, a tiny song about a beetle, or any other sound that make you think of insects, we want to hear it

Netlabel moon musiq is accepting submissions for this upcoming compilation called Small Sounds for Small Bugs and is extending the invitation to the NoiseWiki Forum

RULES
  • All submissions must be bug-themed in both sound and title
  • Tracks must be strictly 30 seconds (any tracks that are not exactly 30 seconds will be edited to be 30 seconds)
  • Only one submission per artist will be accepted
DEADLINE
Monday, June 6, 2022

WHERE TO SUBMIT
Please DM any submissions to me here on the forum or email them to info {at} moonmusiq (dot) com

WHERE WILL THIS BE PUBLISHED?
The final compilation will be published through moon musiq on Bandcamp, YouTube, and on Archive.org. Participants will have their projects linked to on the moon musiq website and wherever the music appears online. The Bandcamp release will be offered as pay-what-you-want with all money going directly to Girls Educational & Mentoring Services (GEMS), the nation’s leading organization for empowering commercially sexually exploited and domestically trafficked girls and young women.

Please drop any questions below!
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Re: Call for Submissions: Small Sounds for Small Bugs (comp of 30-second tracks)

Post by Soloman Tump »

Awesome.

And a very weird coincidence.

I just made 3 tracks based on bugs!

Will fire you something soon
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
obscura materia
Noise Person

Re: Call for Submissions: Small Sounds for Small Bugs (comp of 30-second tracks)

Post by obscura materia »

sounds fun
obscura materia
Noise Person

Post by obscura materia »

sent in my track, thank you much
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Sent my skittering ant themed track in
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I like the concept, and the requirements really simplify things for me. I might be able to contribute something. Maybe even just rework/reconstitute some old tracks. I have recorded a few insect-oriented tracks before (acknowledgments of the conqueror worm mostly)! Could be good source material, though I might be able to come up with something altogether new as well.
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

obscura materia wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:41 pm sent in my track, thank you much
Soloman Tump wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:18 am Sent my skittering ant themed track in
Thank you both!
¾ dead wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:38 am I like the concept, and the requirements really simplify things for me. I might be able to contribute something. Maybe even just rework/reconstitute some old tracks. I have recorded a few insect-oriented tracks before (acknowledgments of the conqueror worm mostly)! Could be good source material, though I might be able to come up with something altogether new as well.
Whichever route you choose, we would be glad to have you on
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

There's an old quarry up on Dartmoor that is now a wild pond. It is full of leeches, newts, tadpoles and fish. Would love to get a hydrophone in there some day.
Antirealist
Noise Person

Post by Antirealist »

nice! i have a track in progress to offer. a week until deadline seems enough. however i must ask - is it ok to have some real insect recordings (heavily modified) on the track in addition to small noises and are low bass sounds prohibited?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://soundcloud.com/antirealists/tracks
https://www.noisewiki.com/wiki/index.ph ... ntireality
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Antirealist wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:57 am nice! i have a track in progress to offer. a week until deadline seems enough. however i must ask - is it ok to have some real insect recordings (heavily modified) on the track in addition to small noises and are low bass sounds prohibited?
Those are all acceptable. Can't wait to hear your track :D