Whatever happened to...

This type of music tends to challenge the distinction that is made in conventional musical practices between musical and non-musical sound.

Moderator: Modulators

BPJ
Noiser

Re: Whatever happened to...

Post by BPJ »

He has a bunch of videos of him and his animals. There's also a weird one where he just shows us his porch or something.
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

I want to gather up all Gordon's releases, and upload them to Archive or something. Does anyone happen to still have the Snowflake recordings?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

BPJ wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:19 pm I want to gather up all Gordon's releases, and upload them to Archive or something. Does anyone happen to still have the Snowflake recordings?
I have some Ikeaboy recordings I plan to do a NW release with.. thanks to RUBBISH
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I've got a Snowflake CDr that never played right. I ripped it a long time ago, but I'd like to try again. Would most likely have to rip it in burst mode. I will look through my CDr's when I can to check for anything I've overlooked and see if I can make newer/better rips. I have his BCOFN Southern Noise Comp submission in WAV format somewhere on my HD.

Daric should have some of his material as well, but he quit posting and I've effectively lost touch. He wanted to do something similar, but never got much traction, in part because I'm and unreliable drunk who can't accomplish anything any more, and I don't think I ever sent him anything. I think he posted about the idea on here. I may have an email contact for him buried deep in my old hotnail account. Deb, for sure, assuming she still has the same email as back then.

Same with ikeaboy. I need to re-rip stuff he sent me and hope my whole damn CDr collection isn't too degraded.
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

I put forth the idea on NG to do a tribute comp that seemed to have support. Perhaps that ideas time has come.

One of Gordon's set ups.
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

A tribute would be cool.

I basically lost touch with everyone over the last ten years. I think the only email address I have left is XDUGEF's out of nostalgia.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

BPJ wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:03 pm I think the only email address I have left is XDUGEF's out of nostalgia.
And it still works! :rofl:
timdrage
Noise Artist

Post by timdrage »

Soloman Tump wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:37 am But I am 90% sure he has passed on now.
Very sad to hear if that is the case :( Talked to him a bit online + he sent me quite a few of his CDrs, and came to one of our Isn'tses gigs in Bristol. nice guy! Hope he's just dropped off the radar for some other reason :(
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Soloman Tump wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:37 am If anyone reads my zine, the latest issue has an article on Tyrannic Horizon who I used to correspond a lot with. He posted as Dyecap on the Noiseguide Forum (and possibly also here too for a bit).
But I am 90% sure he has passed on now.

He was very influential and supportive of my step into the noise world, sent me pedals, zines, tapes etc in the post, really cool guy from my experience. Wish we has done that collab we talked about, or the interview for my zine, or indeed anything...
I did somevtrades with him.. but yeah have not heard from him in awhile 😕
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

Bob and Stimbox from NoiseGuide.
Nathan from whatever board it was.
Greh.
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend