Current fleeting interests too

Whatever

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Current fleeting interests too

Post by NoiseWiki »

Here's some more recent cast iron collectibles which overlap with my skeleton and skull collection
20200128_083517.jpg
20200128_083510.jpg

Haven't quite taken the plunge into taxidermy but I did buy this stuffed cane toad recently
20200128_083528.jpg
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

NoiseWiki wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:23 pm
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:55 pm
What is this?
I dont know but I had to have it.
Pretty sure its wood. Its not plastic.
Not sure but it might be some kind of weaving/textile tool
My mom says she has a crochet tool that looks alot like this except it has a hook instead of prongs
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

I had a couple of these when I was a kid that I got from an elderly neighbor.. unfortunately we used them as intended one Halloween and put cnadles in them and the burned up. The last one got crushed during a move since they ae made of a paper mache egg crate type material.
image.png
Viewed 1365 times
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:33 am I had a couple of these when I was a kid that I got from an elderly neighbor.. unfortunately we used them as intended one Halloween and put cnadles in them and the burned up. The last one got crushed during a move since they ae made of a paper mache egg crate type material.

Those are rare and very desirable to collectors. They one pictured could go for $100s...300 to 500 if its pre ww2
place holder
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

all questions.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

Looks cool. It's a shame some of the best stuff is so ephemeral. I mean, look at this!:
I bought this hand roll nori almost solely for the amazing/awful design work, most examples of which have undoubtedly gone into landfills after being unceremoniously ripped to shreds. I still have the sleeve's front cut out and stored around here somewhere. Too good not to hold on to.

On a similar subject, I have wanted to get into collecting vintage Halloween decorations. The die-cut printed stuff from Beistle and the like. All those things I remember from grade school, which teachers would staple to cork/pin boards every year. I know they still make repros, but a lot of the best images are no longer available, or just too small relative to originals, and devoid of magic by and large. At any rate, I've wanted to decorate a house with that stuff. It looks so great. It's graphically wonderful. All big, bold solid colors and hard black lines and cross-hatching. Makes my eyeballs cum!
Image Image
Image Image

I have to figure out which relative ended up with this:
(The date of this picture is 2004, according to the file info)

When I was little, she was my "girlfriend" (we were approximately the same height then), and I use to dance with her and smooch her and brush her teeth (I can remember that she had white toothpaste caked into the crevices of her mouth from this). I finally (just now!) found this thing online after trying to figure out the brand/design name for ages. When I win the lottery, I'll have a coven of little plastic witches, like terracotta soldiers, to ward off reality.

I finally caved and purchased a few Gig and K Chin lithos. Nothing outrageous in terms of rarity, price or scale.

Other fleeting interests:
This is a mourning bear. They say his eyes are red from crying. Oh! I wept instantly at that. :cry:

I'm also getting really hot on Eurorack modules. I resisted for so long... It's looking better and better all the time now, though. There's so much stuff in the hardware realm that is only extant, feasible or otherwise remotely practical in module form. So many possibilities. I feel like a kid in a candy store thinking about this stuff, but I don't even know where to start. All I know for sure is I want to be able to do "everything", which is to say, I want a system that is capable of making sounds and processing them within one modular case, with or without any kind of external controllers or input signals. But I also want a system where I can plug anything with a 1/4 output into it via input module and sample it or process it to all fuck in real time, so that it can serve as an extension of my usual "process", which is ultimately just improvising with feedback loops and input sources and creative routing/re-mixing. That is itself a cruder, messier form of modular synth tinkering, I guess.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

my collection of lenticular holograms and hindu iconography have merged
image.png
Viewed 1341 times
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Social_Drift wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:00 am all questions.
Why?
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

Pigswill wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:08 pm
Why?
:lol:

:lol:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Especially the dumb ones easily answered with google.