Say Hello!

Whatever

Moderator: Modulators

Trivia Night
Noise Person

Re: Say Hello!

Post by Trivia Night »

The tonearm is fine, plastic holder got busted of & cheapo generic plastic headshell busted in half where it mounts to the tonearm. I didn't think to search & grab for the pieces after the set. :oops: The turntable in that photo bit the dust in process of recording last year. Using a lower end direct drive Numark now, until the motor burns up in it too. :mrgreen:
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Trivia Night wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:28 pm Hello

What about Your show Insomniacxe2x80x99s Delight (noise, industrial, power electronics, dark ambience, neofolk, metal, hard rock, prog, post-punk and so much more!) on actual radio that's also available for steaming ? ;)
place holder
Fire of the Mind
Noiser

Post by Fire of the Mind »

Hello there.

I was an occasional lurker on the Noise Guide forums way, way back in the day, but was never anything resembling a fixture, so I doubt anyone remembers me. In a nutshell, I've been dinking around making sound collages and experimental music since I was in middle school, which is to say for about a decade and a half of my poorly-spent life. Much of my output has been more song-oriented, albeit steeped in various avant-garde musical ideas and peculiar production techniques.

Right now I'm really interested in combining my passion for various strains of emotionally and sonically relentless electric and electronic musicxe2x80x94black/death/doom metal, harsh noise/power electronics, grindcore and powerviolencexe2x80x94with ideas, sounds, methods and perfomance tactics from equally extreme or alien forms of sound and performance art which might express those qualities with an approach less common in most noise, punk and metal tend to take, and more often than not much less in-your-face. The use of negative space and feedback systems in EAI; the extended techniques and microtonal vocabulary of modern classical pedagogy; the destruction of language and wild vocal techniques of sound poetry; the nauseous absurdity and ecstatic ritualism of the Viennese Aktionists and the Schimpfluch-Gruppe; the use of hauntology as a source of psychedelic overload and claustrophobic horror in the fringe vaporwave of artists like Aegyokiller and Djwwwwxe2x80x94I want to bring all of this into the fabric of the heavy music I'm making, so far as I am able. Maybe this is overambitious, but having a mission statement is nice I guess...

There isn't really a tonne to say about me otherwise. I spend a lot of time online, and when not doing that I read or listen to music or take walks or whatever. Sometimes I also write fiction and draw, but not so much lately, alas. I know a lot of things but that doesn't necessarily make me brilliant or interesting, although I do hope to make a positive impression. Generally speaking I try to be nice to everyone, or at least give them basic human respect.

In any case, I really, really, really need to go back to bed. I am rambling to death. See y'all on the flipside.
Young Hate
Noise Person

Post by Young Hate »

Ahoy hoy, I used to post on Noiseguide until its' unfortunate demise, I remembered Andrew Obfuscated linking this on Facebook and decided to join.

IIRC, my handle on NG was Abu_Luqman_Afriki, I did and continue to do power electronics as "Young Hate" and I'm currently in the process of doing a split with Culto Misanthropo, an artist from Brazil.
Juntaro Yamanouchi is my favorite bedtime hero!
argentgrenat
Noise Person

Post by argentgrenat »

Hello,

I am a death industrial artist from Chicago. I have been following noise music for a few years as both a listener and hopeful artist, but have not until very recently produced something I was actually proud of. I opted to join this forum to make connections and potentially get feedback on some of my work. I am also interested in sharing production techniques with other artists, and open for collaborations if anyone would like to work together.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

argentgrenat wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:27 pm Hello,

I am a death industrial artist from Chicago. I have been following noise music for a few years as both a listener and hopeful artist, but have not until very recently produced something I was actually proud of. I opted to join this forum to make connections and potentially get feedback on some of my work. I am also interested in sharing production techniques with other artists, and open for collaborations if anyone would like to work together.
Hello!
fgxh(1)(1)-1.jpg
place holder
parasitenurse
Noise Person

Post by parasitenurse »

Hi everyone! Been lurking since the downfall of noiseguide and thought it was time to finally say hello. I'm a cut up noise artist based in nyc.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

parasitenurse wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:35 am Hi everyone! Been lurking since the downfall of noiseguide and thought it was time to finally say hello. I'm a cut up noise artist based in nyc.
Hey!
Welcome to the fun.
place holder
E.i.I.
Noise Person

Post by E.i.I. »

cheers
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »