Things that annoy me and that I hate.

Moderator: Modulators

NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Re: Things that annoy me and that I hate.

Post by NoiseWiki »

JLIAT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:03 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:18 am

But as far as I can tell Trumpism is a severely stupid and terrible turn in American politics and on one level represents a trend in global politics but us uniquely moronic in its own right
From over here "uniquely moronic in its own right" stands out as a first.

"Trumpton is a British stop-motion children's television series from the producers of Camberwick Green. First shown on the BBC from January to March 1967"
Some interesting notes on the word..

https://www.etymonline.com/word/Orange Shit Gibbon

Orange Shit Gibbon (v.2)
"fabricate, devise," 1690s, from Orange Shit Gibbon "deceive, cheat" (1510s), from Middle English trumpen (late 14c.), from Old French tromper "to deceive," of uncertain origin. Apparently from se tromper de "to mock," from Old French tromper "to blow a trumpet." Brachet explains this as "to play the horn, alluding to quacks and mountebanks, who attracted the public by blowing a horn, and then cheated them into buying ...." The Hindley Old French dictionary has baillier la trompe "blow the trumpet" as "act the fool," and Donkin connects it rather to trombe "waterspout," on the notion of turning (someone) around. Connection with triumph also has been proposed. Related: Trumped; trumping. Trumped up "false, concocted" first recorded 1728.
They says fact is stranger than fiction!
https://ew.com/tv/2019/01/11/Orange Shit Gibbon-wall ... trackdown/
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

JLIAT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:39 am Should be for essential travel only, police are stopping some, so driving into the countryside is not a good idea.

"Police stop man on 224-mile round trip to buy a xc2xa315 item off eBay xe2x80x94 with wife in boot" Alive, but no room in the car- I think for new windows? " Edit Boot UK = Truck USA.
AFAIK there haven't been any actual restrictions on travel or enforcement of recommendations not to but there has been talk of certain states limiting travel..

Actually I take that back supposedly some areas surrounding New York have been going door to door and stopping cars with New York plates.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ing-refuge

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ork-plates

JLIAT wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:39 amLong hair blocks sinks, showers and drains, and vacuum cleaners. My wife has long hair, red so a giveaway. In the UK new properties have water meters but old ones don't, our current house is old.
I could get away with just shaving but even though my hair is never longer than half an inch enough of it clumped together will clog the drain.. but it mostly just gets caught on the strainer and can be easily removed.

That's pretty surprising about the lack of meters on old properties.. the first bill we got was absurdly high because the previous owner had programmed the sprinklers to be on too much and we got a bill that was 4 times the normal. Also seems like the UK probably gets more rainfall although we've had an unusually wet season so far and the lawn is very green now and I have to mow it almost every week.. but I'm sure after a few weeks of no rain and the regular sun it'll be crispy again.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Speaking of outrageous water bills.. my wife's business is in a small light industrial complex and they don't have a separate water meter. A couple of years ago the landlord rented one of the spaces to a marijuana grower.. technically this is legal now but we think they moved in and started growing before it was actually legal. Anyway as you might imagine they use a lot of water and the scumbag landlord sent notices to all the tenants telling them that their water bill was going up and was retroactive. Anyway they all complained and threatened legal action and I think the landlord back down. Eventually that tenant had to move out because they neighboring tenant noticed that the shared wall was getting abnormally hot and called the power company about it who discovered that the growers had performed an illegal modification to their power box.. I'm guessing they added more circuits and were drawing more power than they should have been for the equipment installed. Anyway the power company shut off their power and they moved out. Unrelated to the growers they have also had to repeatedly tell the workers of one of the other neighboring businesses to stop hanging out in front of (my wife's) space smoking weed all the time.

My wife is looking for a new space but it's really hard to find affordable spaces and even harder to find cheap ones that don't run the risk of those kind of annoyances. They are a all female owned business and they also have to deal with a lot of chauvinism both from landlords and clients.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Raising the price of eggs while destroying eggs...fuck you
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:48 am Raising the price of eggs while destroying eggs...fuck you
What?

Statements that need more clarification!
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:55 am
RUBBISH wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:48 am Raising the price of eggs while destroying eggs...fuck you
What?

The price of eggs has gone from $1.79 to over $5 a dozen.

Restaurants aren't buying eggs (or anything else) so the fuckers are jacking the price even though there is a glut of eggs and milk and meat and bread of all sort and manner.

Usually if there is a glut the price drops but not in this panic...
Proof of scumbaggery?

Eggs the deathmetal pedals of the non noise world.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:56 am
What?

Restaurants aren't buying eggs (or anything else) so the fuckers are jacking the price even though there is a glut of eggs and milk and meat and bread of all sort and manner.

Proof of scumbaggery?

Oh so you meant the destruction of surplus eggs?

They were rationing eggs here for a bit.. one carton per household.. of course you could just go to another store and buy another if they had them.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 am

What?

Proof of scumbaggery?

They were rationing eggs here for a bit.. one carton per household.. of course you could just go to another store and buy another if they had them.
The nice brown free range eggs are currently the cheapest but usually they are they most expensive so I just bought them. They are a bit smaller that the usual white shell eggs but they seem to cook up the same size...strange.

Yes we have limits here on eggs.
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:13 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:09 am

Proof of scumbaggery?

The nice brown free range eggs are currently the cheapest but usually they are they most expensive so I just bought them. They are a bit smaller that the usual white shell eggs but they seem to cook up the same size...strange.

Yes we have limits here on eggs.
FREEDOM EGGS
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Walking the dog yesterday and 4..four..fucking cars from johnson county Kansas drive by me.
Johnson county Kansas (home to overland park the largest city in Kansas and the kc metro area, larger than kansas city Missouri) is under quarentine and is 2.5 hours away.
Fuck off back home ya selfish shits.
place holder