Manual labor

Whatever

Moderator: Modulators

JLIAT
Merzwow

Re: Manual labor

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:43 am
Must have been, I dug the hole with the boring tool (pictured example) and hammered the post into soil before filling the hole with quick drying fence post concreate, takes about 10 minutes. When I dug it out the post was fine except at ground level. Replaced with a steel spike with post in that.
That's the wicking I was talking about.
The post sucked up the water In the ground and then the water oozes out where it can...where it hits air...right where the concrete ends. So thats where it rots.

Only one of 8 posts?
"Cage's 4'33" = 273 seconds xe2x88x92273.15xc2xb0 C = absolute zero."
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:07 am
RUBBISH wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:43 am
Must have been, I dug the hole with the boring tool (pictured example) and hammered the post into soil before filling the hole with quick drying fence post concreate, takes about 10 minutes. When I dug it out the post was fine except at ground level. Replaced with a steel spike with post in that.
That's the wicking I was talking about.
The post sucked up the water In the ground and then the water oozes out where it can...where it hits air...right where the concrete ends. So thats where it rots.

Only one of 8 posts?
Oh yeah...bad post. That happens.

At the garden shop place they have a machine that's basically a giant pencil sharpener that sharpens the end of landscaping poles...pole fencing
Just seemed like something that could be used for noise...or that would cause an injury worthy of some kids noise release cover.
Pole talk.
1582564522896.jpg
Viewed 1490 times
place holder
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:17 am

Pole talk.Image
No Poles after Brexit! :lol:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

RUBBISH wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:17 am
Oh yeah...bad post. That happens.

At the garden shop place they have a machine that's basically a giant pencil sharpener that sharpens the end of landscaping poles...pole fencing
Just seemed like something that could be used for noise...or that would cause an injury worthy of some kids noise release cover.
Pole talk.Image
The pickets I replaced oddly enough were all pickets that had been previously replaced and had severely warped. Guess it's worth being picky about which pickets you buy because at least a few them had knots or otherwise very uneven grain to them that probably caused the warping
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

As my mother would say, "It will never get better if you pick it!"
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

JLIAT wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:44 am As my mother would say, "It will never get better if you pick it!"
You can pick your posts and you can pick your pickets but can you unstick a sticky wicket?
JLIAT
Merzwow

Post by JLIAT »

The phrase comes from the game of cricket. "Wicket" has several meanings in cricket: in this case it refers to the rectangular area, also known as the pitch, in the centre of the cricket field between the stumps. The wicket is usually covered in a much shorter grass than the rest of the field or entirely bare, making it susceptible to variations in weather, which in turn cause the ball to bounce differently.[4]
If rain falls and the wicket becomes wet, the ball may not bounce predictably, making it very difficult for the batsman.[5] Furthermore, as the pitch dries, conditions can change swiftly, with spin bowling being especially devastating, as the ball can deviate laterally from straight by several feet. Once the wet surface begins to dry in a hot sun the ball will rise sharply, steeply and erratically. A good length ball ... becomes a potential lethal delivery. Most batsmen on such wickets found it virtually impossible to survive let alone score. Certain cricketers developed reputations for their outstanding abilities to perform on sticky wickets. Australian Victor Trumper was one.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

manual labour is pretty meaningless...
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Social_Drift wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:57 pm manual labour is pretty meaningless...
As you sit in a building with electricity and running hot and cold water and sewage in a chair and desk in front of a computer with food and drink...all because of what Luke?

Was it all thought into being?
Shit out someones ass Into being?
Magic?
What?
place holder
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Placed the rails on the fence today and started putting on the pickets..