Et tu, Maniacs Only?

Whatever

Moderator: Modulators

¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Et tu, Maniacs Only?

Post by ¾ dead »

I've never looked very closely at LinkedIn, to be honest. I think of it mostly as a modern-day obligation to potential employers. Especially when you're not obviously present on typical social media platforms, or otherwise trying to obfuscate your presence on other websites.

It's the place online where you bullshit extra-hard just to sell yourself above and beyond what should be necessary to land an entry-level job in retail. The rest of it is starry-eyed corporate speaker nonsense appearing in the form of junk email articles, to be sure. I probably should pay more attention. It sounds like they could be amusing to read, especially the comments.

It's the perfect place to present the most pointless/niche concepts imaginable and puff them up with commercial pretenses, to be sure. Everyone knows "harsh noise" in its usual genre-specific context has little readymade, commercial functionality, unless it's very static noise indeed ("Harsh Static Noise #12"), or it imitates a hardware failure or something ("Electronic Glitch Noise Logo #37"). But, in these wacky, post-Internet times, there's surely enough exposure of artists like Merzbow that there could conceivably be people who are lazy, clueless, and/or un-resourceful enough to go the route of "royalty free harsh noise", either for demonstrative purposes, or purposes of ironic mockery. A dollar's a dollar either way. :lol:

Speaking of which, I've earned a whopping total of $7.22 since August of 2017 through AudioJungle! I promise, this is only for fun.
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

Ray, you've sold me on this barnburning idea. Let's blue sky this strategy, leverage our core-competencies and synergise the paradigm shift. We could monetise our assets to holistically administrate our brand trajectory, bringing world-class, client-centric solutions to SMB's. We'll have evergreen content with VAE on the bleeding edge of a game changing infrastructure. I'll run the numbers, but I'm confident these solutions will move the needle once the clients see we can empower their ecosystem. We should go across the piece, open the kimono and cascade the relevant information vis-a-vis the strategic staircase. I see a blue-ocean opportunity, here, Ray.
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I laughed, sincerely, about eight times. Thank you. :cheer:
FAP
Merzwow

Post by FAP »

xe2x80x9dLet's blue sky this strategyxe2x80x9d is a new one
BPJ
Noiser

Post by BPJ »

You wouldn't believe the shit I heard from suits during my time in radio. Business slang is real, and some people take it seriously. I knew a guy who had to go to HR and was threatened with "Training" for using "Brain storm" instead of "Mind shower."
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

BPJ wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 pm You wouldn't believe the shit I heard from suits during my time in radio. Business slang is real, and some people take it seriously. I knew a guy who had to go to HR and was threatened with "Training" for using "Brain storm" instead of "Mind shower."
I had to look this up because I couldn't conceive of a single reason why "brainstorm" might be offensive. I feel like this is some cruel prank that gained traction and just snowballed into cultural legislation.

Amazing!
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Holy shit!

Huh so brainstorming was supposedly offensive to epileptics?

https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/press/facts ... -offensive

Back in the day brainstorming meant hanging out in the supply closet getting stoned at work and yes we were actually having an officially sanctioned meeting slash idea session
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Avian Air Movements

I would be in prison if I had to deal with ignorant shit like that at work...having lived with 2 ..actually 3...people that had epilepsy I never once heard the term "brainstorm" used in a derogatory manner or in reference to a seizure.
Motherfuckers making shit up to lord over people and feel superior...we deserve corona virus. Fuck
place holder
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Tech and business types do this shit all the time. Here's one of my favorite relatively-recent examples:

For software developers, there's a tool that's been around for 15 years called "git" that manages your source code and any changes made to it. It has a feature called "blame" that you can use to figure out who changed any given line of code, when, and under what context. It's an essential tool for a lot of systems.

There's a company called Atlassian that has a number of add-on products for git, like Bitbucket, which will host your code on their servers, or Sourcetree which visualizes some of the aspects of git.

One day, Atlassian users started noticing that "blame" was removed. No explanation was given as to why. But some users stumbled around and found out that it was actually renamed to "annotate" across their different products. The change was never announced, but it was later revealed after users filed bug reports that some asshole working there named Brian thought that "blame" would give someone's feelings an ouchy boo boo. He had it changed and their product department never notified anyone.

Here is one of those threads. I guess the number of legitimately pissed off developers pales in comparison to the invisible, intangible devs who secretly shed tears anytime someone "blames" them for a change in a codebase somewhere:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sour ... q-p/763394

Yet the fact that "git" itself is UK slang for "idiot" doesn't even cross their minds confused
RUBBISH wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:53 am Motherfuckers making shit up to lord over people and feel superior...we deserve corona virus. Fuck
The whole offended-by-proxy shit is out of control. "You said something mundane and I'm not offended, but someone else might be, so stop saying it please." This attitude is ubiquitous.
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Pigswill wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:28 pm Tech and business types do this shit all the time. Here's one of my favorite relatively-recent examples:

For software developers, there's a tool that's been around for 15 years called "git" that manages your source code and any changes made to it. It has a feature called "blame" that you can use to figure out who changed any given line of code, when, and under what context. It's an essential tool for a lot of systems.

There's a company called Atlassian that has a number of add-on products for git, like Bitbucket, which will host your code on their servers, or Sourcetree which visualizes some of the aspects of git.

One day, Atlassian users started noticing that "blame" was removed. No explanation was given as to why. But some users stumbled around and found out that it was actually renamed to "annotate" across their different products. The change was never announced, but it was later revealed after users filed bug reports that some asshole working there named Brian thought that "blame" would give someone's feelings an ouchy boo boo. He had it changed and their product department never notified anyone.

Here is one of those threads. I guess the number of legitimately pissed off developers pales in comparison to the invisible, intangible devs who secretly shed tears anytime someone "blames" them for a change in a codebase somewhere:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sour ... q-p/763394

Yet the fact that "git" itself is UK slang for "idiot" doesn't even cross their minds confused
I had to start using git and some other atlassian products a few years ago and I found their whole way of naming things fucking confusing. I font know if its terminology that I'm just not used to because I'm not that much of a programming nerd or if they went out of their way to be original.

Anyway one place I worked at had a tool called LightWench that was renamed after it raised the ire of HR but then for a short time we had one called Assman which was short for Asset Manager.
611QxozRB4L._AC_SX522_.jpg
Viewed 1612 times