Currently Watching

Whatever

Moderator: Modulators

melko
Noiser

Re: Currently Watching

Post by melko »

Currently watching: horror shorts. Here are some that I liked.

WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

For the past few weeks, now that I have an actual, up-to-date smart TV with access to streaming services and accounts of relatives to piggyback on, I've been vegging out hard in front of the TV.

I've been watching a shitload of newer Family Guy episodes. It's a show that I used to enjoy before I slowly began to dislike and find it really annoying. There's still things about it that annoy me. But, before my cable DTA box shit itself, the show had become one of those always-on things that I could count on to fill in the empty spaces over time. That, Golden Girls, I Love Lucy and NHK World News. I used to watch these almost daily. They were comforting. NHK World News became an early-morning ritual for me not long before my box died. Watching that always made me feel like I was on vacation in a foreign country, relaxing in a hotel room or something.

So yeah, Family Guy. Catching up on it. Most episodes don't warrant repeat viewings, though, and I've basically run out of new ones to watch. The Simpsons crossover was dreadful, by the way. Everything The Simpsons as we know it today comes in contact with turns into a mass of slimy, vomitous tumors.

Last night, I watched Blood Reign on DVD. It's probably still my favorite OVA since I first watched it around the turn of the millennium. I also started watching House (the movie, not the show) directly after. I was almost to the very end, but I was wicked drunk and conked out before the ending, and about half an hour before midnight. I wasn't even awake to celebrate or drink syrupy, too-sweet sparkling apple cider with my mom. My liver hurts. Off to a good start.
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

It may be impossible explaing to this girl why house II get's a 0% rating...
without her getting a serious spanking...
for daring to call it the most under rated movie... Alright Alright Alright it gets 1% for Cliff Claven cameo
¾ dead
Merzwow

Post by ¾ dead »

I was talking about the Japanese House! I like both either way. It's been a long time since I've seen the US film, though. I saw it first as a little kid and remember thinking it was radical. I miss family movie nights.

I don't think I ever saw any of the sequels. I didn't even realize the franchise saw a III and a IV until just a moment ago.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

Rude nasty sex jokes.
Good fun.
Gimme Gimme Gimme https://g.co/kgs/654Jfq

place holder
Soloman Tump
Merzwow

Post by Soloman Tump »

Been watching the recent remake of The Tick, series was was fine but series 2 is lacking in something, not finding it that fun tbh.
Dismal electronics from Devon
https://intrusivesignals.blogspot.com/ :geek:
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Been watching alot of car shows.. including the very unimaginatively named fastest car where they pit DIY cars vs supercars.. so far the super cars are winning overall but a number of the douchebags driving them have managed to fuck up pressing the launch button
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Speaking of KCMO.. I was listening to a current episode of Last Podcast On the Left and they are covering Bob Berdella. While I was a student the killings were big news. Coincidentally I had made a sticker for one of my first bands that was called Butcher Band. I had used part of an ad for butcher school I had clipped out of an old magazine from a local estate sale and then later when they caught Berdella there was a stunning similarity. Anyway here's a doc about Berdella.

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

The time the sex pistols threw a Christmas party for striking fire fighters children giving them toys and t shirts and records and pins and there was a big cake with sex pistols on it that ended up being part of a food fight at the end of the show..
Absolutely amazing and really a sweet thing they did. Fun and worth watching.
place holder