book of poems by Robert shappard... to tired to start it rn tho
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-01 at 09.00.01.png
Viewed 697 times
banned
Merzfinity

Re: Currently Reading

Post by banned »

book hipsters: I read books cos you're boring. me: I read books cos I'm boring. haha

a primer on the sublime...
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

I recently read "Confronting Silence" by Toru Takemitsu. It's a collection of the composer's writings that mostly explore the differences between so-called Eastern and Western culture, particularly in terms of music and film. There were some reflections on how instruments are shaped by people and place, particularly exploring how the Australian didgeridoo came to be and why it can't easily be removed from where it was created, as well as even climate necessities when Takemitsu observed that Japanese instruments would suffer and break when transported to New York since the humidities are different. There was also a fun part where he talked about foraging for mushrooms with John Cage who kept annoying mycologists because he would keep finding rare fungi in nature preserves where the scientists were studying. Overall, an easy and enjoyable read
amishrobots
Noiser

Post by amishrobots »

I am now officially glad I bought a Kindle. Currently reading HP Lovecraft, for the price of ZERO dollars. Heck yeah!

https://www.amazon.com/H-P-Lovecraft-Co ... 077QT6CMD/