Currently Reading

Whatever

Moderator: Modulators

Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Re: Currently Reading

Post by Indeterminacy »

Communist era Soviet Art is an amazing subject to explore.

FAP your table is ready sir.
image.jpg
This is next.
image.jpg
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
Indeterminacy
Merzwowow

Post by Indeterminacy »

image.jpg
Volume is a fantastic thing,
Power and volume - Pete Townshend
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

Just finished Counterfeit Christianity by E. Raymond Capt. I picked it up at a local bookstore and paged through it a bit. If you want to get some good perspectives on Christianity from Christians, you will do well if you look for ones that have the following:
  • Are from a small publisher or are independently published
  • Use a lot of CAPS, bold, italics, or underlines (the more, the better)
  • Have an amateurishly-designed front cover
Just paging through, this one hit enough of those for me. The formula worked.

"Counterfeit Christianity" is basically about how the concepts of Hell and Satan are not Christian and are actually of pagan origin. There were a couple of relatively short parts that didn't quite connect with the rest (for example, there was a brief aside that mentioned that the story of the serpent in the garden of Eden could have been a metaphor for another man, but doesn't explain this further, nor provide a reinterpretation for something like the serpent's punishment for tempting Eve). Those were few, though. The rest was interesting and informative, showing historical origins of a lot of the beliefs that made their way into major churches today and where the scripture disagrees with them.
melko
Noiser

Post by melko »

Pigswill wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:09 pm "Counterfeit Christianity" is basically about how the concepts of Hell and Satan are not Christian and are actually of pagan origin.
If you find this subject interesting, you will likely also enjoy Satan: A Biography by Henry A. Kelly. Similar ideas explored from a viewpoint of an academic Bible scholar. Well written and pretty entertaining.
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

melko wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:45 pm
Pigswill wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:09 pm "Counterfeit Christianity" is basically about how the concepts of Hell and Satan are not Christian and are actually of pagan origin.
If you find this subject interesting, you will likely also enjoy Satan: A Biography by Henry A. Kelly. Similar ideas explored from a viewpoint of an academic Bible scholar. Well written and pretty entertaining.
Everything religious in the bible before the new teastement of Jesus Christ is Sumerian...or directly related to thier culture.
the Jewish culture came onto being while 'enlslaved' by the Babylonians for a 1000 or so years...the Babylonian culture and religion coming from the Sumerian...and the Sumerians if we believe thier history are what was left of the GODS culture. The things that created modern humans.?

But yeah pagans.
place holder
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

RUBBISH wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:00 am
melko wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:45 pm
Everything religious in the bible before the new teastement of Jesus Christ is Sumerian...or directly related to thier culture.
the Jewish culture came onto being while 'enlslaved' by the Babylonians for a 1000 or so years...the Babylonian culture and religion coming from the Sumerian...and the Sumerians if we believe thier history are what was left of the GODS culture. The things that created modern humans.?

But yeah pagans.
the name "Jesus" is actually celt harvest god...
Christ aka "Kristos" is just greek word for annointed...
Saul aka "Paul" was trained in Rabbinic study like his old man in Greece...
There was civil war between Parisees & Sadducees around 50-70ad that resulted in massive bloody split.
Its all a scam...
social programming...
mind & spirit control...
loosely based on traditional Heathen values for enslaving them...
circa 900-1100ad...
because the Roman legions couldn't do it...
Satan is mostly just evil ChristInsanity to me... same dessert pantheon...
it is also The Brazzen Serpent
xd7xa0xd7x97xd7xa9xd7xaaxd7x9f Nxc9x99xe1xb8xa5uxc5xa1txc4x81n [nxc9x99.xc4xa7uxcax83.taxcbx90n]
WhiteWarlock
Merzowie

Post by WhiteWarlock »

read this book so long ago... it's hiding in bookshelves somewhere...
not that previous post came from it or anything...
"Re-Legion" was common practice of Rome for conquered peoples...
those that weren't sold at slave markets were forced into the Legions...
if you study ancient languages...
phonetics always supersedes spelling...
in any alphabets, scripts, or glyphs
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

i have a theory that the truth of any magic is that polysemy and the unconscious can form the basis of etymology -- a science of facts.
Pigswill
Noise Artist

Post by Pigswill »

melko wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:45 pm If you find this subject interesting, you will likely also enjoy Satan: A Biography by Henry A. Kelly. Similar ideas explored from a viewpoint of an academic Bible scholar. Well written and pretty entertaining.
Excellent. Thank you for the recommendation. I've ordered a copy.
RUBBISH wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:00 am Everything religious in the bible before the new teastement of Jesus Christ is Sumerian...or directly related to thier culture.

But yeah pagans.
According to that book, the pagan part was applied afterwards. Concepts like eternal damnation and torture aren't represented in The Bible, but instead have been brought about by stories such as Dante's Inferno, which was more from a pagan belief of similar fates. Churches started adopting these ideas and spreading them to make people accept the religion out of fear, for instance.

I need to read more on Sumerian culture and belief systems. I know they were in the same region as the Canaanites, whose god El is said to be the same as Yahweh
WhiteWarlock wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:06 am read this book so long ago... it's hiding in bookshelves somewhere...
Copies of that are pricey, but it sounds like a good read.

Apparently, there's a newer idea out there that the Roman emperor Nero was responsible for creating Christianity, given an emphasis on submitting to the law. They also say that Jesus' name is a mockery in disguise, being "hay-soos", or "Hail Zeus". I don't buy into this though.
Social_Drift wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:48 pm i have a theory that the truth of any magic is that polysemy and the unconscious can form the basis of etymology -- a science of facts.
This is interesting. Can you go into this further?
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

This is interesting. Can you go into this further?
not really :lol:

think of poetry and incantations in general as a series of writings which, in the speaker, unconsciously contain the past via their art -- an ambiguous use of words -- the different senses a word can have. as, if that history is structured like the language that expresses it, then it -- the history of magic and poetry -- consists of linguistic branches: etymology.

e.g.: i wis i looked after my teeth, by pam ayers. wish is related to ween and wont, which is perfect for her.
or how uttering certain words seem to have a spoken power which contains its various manifestations and uses; and it jolts us out of something, as if the word could predict -- i.e. control -- magic -- its future manifestations also.