Luke's misplaced thoughts

Moderator: Modulators

RUBBISH
Merzbish

Re: Luke's misplaced thoughts

Post by RUBBISH »

Social_Drift wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:53 am the dreams, which I think are different to NDE's, are meant to feel more real then everyday dreams, and are usually reassuring. I don't see why they should have any more significance than dreams do.
Are the memories of dreams lesser than waking life memories?
place holder
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

RUBBISH wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:23 am
Social_Drift wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:53 am the dreams, which I think are different to NDE's, are meant to feel more real then everyday dreams, and are usually reassuring. I don't see why they should have any more significance than dreams do.
Are the memories of dreams lesser than waking life memories?
huh?

my imaginary stalker is trying to give me OCD cos I made them feel bad about their "art" :rofl:
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

everyone else in a dream does not exist. so yes
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:01 am everyone else in a dream does not exist. so yes
I had a dream last night that I had a large bump on my head .. this was brought about by a friend of mine who is having a large brain tumor removed today
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:28 am
Social_Drift wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:01 am everyone else in a dream does not exist. so yes
I had a dream last night that I had a large bump on my head .. this was brought about by a friend of mine who is having a large brain tumor removed today
hmm. are you sure?

either way, I hope they do OK.

I have little to no experience of mortality (it may be obvious), partly due to having so few friends.
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

but yeah, you cannot posirively affect someone while you are asleep. that was my point really
banned
Merzfinity

Post by banned »

here's a question...what is the greatest gift you can give someone? don't say scratch acid

no, but really, what is it? insight?
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:35 am
NoiseWiki wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:28 am
hmm. are you sure?

either way, I hope they do OK.

I have little to no experience of mortality (it may be obvious), partly due to having so few friends.
Yes quite sure.. he's still in surgery AFAIK. Lost a number of people quite recently: two heart attacks, covid and alcoholism
NoiseWiki
Wiki Bastard

Post by NoiseWiki »

Social_Drift wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:38 am here's a question...what is the greatest gift you can give someone? don't say scratch acid

no, but really, what is it? insight?
I dunno something that saves their life I guess?
RUBBISH
Merzbish

Post by RUBBISH »

A lot of cultures would say otherwise. Some more than others and some like our western culture believe(in general for the average) that dreams are both 'real' and at the same time nonsense and/or simple natural brain "defragging" or/and divinely inspired/metaphysical and some mix of all of these.
People are more likely to talk about disease and body functions before they'll mention dreams. (A whole different thing about how people are afraid to be creative or mention creative/new thoughts)
Either way seeing how much dreaming has influenced human science and art and culture they are very important for us to experience and a good thing.
place holder