Rumble, & other YouTube Alernatives

Whatever

Moderator: Modulators

amishrobots
Noiser

Rumble, & other YouTube Alernatives

Post by amishrobots »

I have grown increasingly annoyed with YouTube over the years, for many reasons.
So I've been looking for decent alternatives to the biggest, most popular video sharing platform, and I feel the options are not so great. So lately I've been uploading stuff to Rumble. Supposedly Rumble is like YouTube "without the censorship": a lovely Utopian video platform based on freedom of speech, where all points of view can be shared without consequence. And in reality, it is absolutely full of right-wing bullshit which I hate.

But on the other hand... fuck it's easy to use. Uploading videos to Rumble just seems so much quicker, easier, simpler, than YouTube. And if they actually keep their promise of being a platform for "all points of view" ... well, we'll see... I haven't uploaded anything political yet, but at some point, I think I'm gonna wanna test that with some Leftist content. So far I've just been uploading demos of noise boxes that I've made.

Am I supporting a Right-Wing, Conservative based platform? Or am I just trying to support damn near any reasonable alternative competition to YouTube? I feel like what I am mainly doing is just using a website that makes it really stinking easy to upload and share videos.

But... the problem for me is, I'm kinda posting demo vids of noise gear for a reason. Because I am trying to sell stuff. But how are my customers going to react, if the demo vids of my pedals and such are hosted on a fucking right-wing video platform, with commercials for crap like "Orange Shit Gibbon Gold Bars"? Ugh! YouTube has just become such a hassle though, and such a dominating platform on the Internet, that I'd like to see almost anyone knock them off their perch.

also, why is this goalie shaking a giant tube of lipstick at me? :jason:
¾ dead
Merzwow

Re: Rumble, & other YouTube Alernatives

Post by ¾ dead »

I tried out BitChute for a while, but it's pretty janky and they definitely have their own vocal majority so to speak.

I really hate the idea of "guilt by association" based on using certain free platforms, tho. I shouldn't need to justify why I might be looking for an alternative to some Googled-owned property. There's enough sensible, obvious reasons already without even bringing up the topics of "censorship" and "free speech".

BitChute just kinda sucks in terms of functionality. But hell, I am all for people using it if they want to counter the bullshit hivemind instead of letting speciffic groups hog the place. If everyone's free and uncensored, people with opposing views can set up shop there, if it matters enough to them... It is what the users make it. Sunlight is the best so on and so on...

Thing is, I just used it to post synth garbage. I specifically don't want to use YT because I don't want the obnoxious air of synthfluencers stinking up my stupid hobby/documentation videos. Not what I got into it for.