Founded Summer 2001 in Albany, New York by members of Brown Cuts Neighbors, Bone Oil, Burnt Hills and Lincoln Money Shot as a post-punk party band that played mainly around RPI/Troy/Albany, New York. Much of the early songs were carried over from the previous group 'Krebstar'. The group relocated to the San Francisco Bay Area in 2009. Currently the group is solely operated by the two founding members.
nickname: Rebel is Michael Keegan (formerly of Lincoln Money Shot, CALMS and Burnt Hills) and Marc Arsenault (formerly of Brown Cuts Neighbors, fognozzle, Krebstar and Jo).
Collaborators and former band members include: Nick Carpenter (Lincoln Money Shot, CALMS, Burnt Hills), Tom Burre (Bone Oil), Scott Smallwood (Evidence), Aaron Smith (Stars of Rock, Scientific Maps), Jason Martin (Brown Cuts Neighbors, Bunny Brains, Evolution Revolution), James Kopta (Brown Cuts Neighbors, Exploding Corpse Action, Conniption, Hail Mary), Seana Biondolillo, Andrew Gerhan (Our Lady of the Highway, Nevada Nevada), Josh Baker (Sawhorse, God Hates Computers, Things I Hate, Chased and Smashed, Kilauea, Offset Needle Radius), Pete Von Petrin, Robb Cole (Kitty Little, To Hell and Back, Brevator), and Steven Cerio (Railroad Jerk, Drunktank, Atlantic Drone, Sonisk Blodbad).
Marc Arsenault uses an assortment of traditional and electronic instruments, including several homemade and circuit-bent devices. He uses Crate amplifiers.
Albums, EPs and Singles
- R is for Riot (CD LP) 2008
- Ouroboros (3-song EP) 2009
- Tears Up The Streets... (3-song EP) 2009
- Offset Needle Radius Vs. nickname: Rebel (CD LP) 2009
- The Girls of Slender Means (cassette LP) 2011
- Corporate Babies Mixtape (cassette mixtape) 2019
- Dandelion Radio - Mark Whitby Session June, 2009
- Dandelion Radio - Mark Whitby Session June, 2010
- Relax Brother, Relax: A Tribute to Teenbeat Records - Track: Bargaining the Bubblebot My Mean Magpie, 2005
- Master of the Pandowdie (Cassette LP) 1997
- Barry Morse (CD EP) 1998
- Barbara Bain (CD EP) 1998
Krebstar Compilation Appearances
- What Can We Give You? Track: Maine Kelly, 1997
- Fruited Other Surfaces Track: Rehab is for Quitters, Vermiform, 1998