|Born:||September 15, 1973|
|Origin:||Detroit, Michigan, USA|
|Pet Peeves:||"I don't have pet peeves. I have psychotic f**king hatreds" - George Carlin|
|Favorite foods:||French Fries, Pizza, Shrimp, Curry Chicken, Chinese Food|
|Genre||Outsider Art, Outsider Music, Experimental, Noise, Noise Rock, Pop Art, Art Brut, Dada, Surrealism, Avant Garde, Databending, Lo-fi, Plunderphonics, Rock & Roll, Absolute Music, Surf, Dub, Worldbeat, Afrofunk, R&B, Doo-Wop, Alternative, Bluegrass, Blues, Punk Blues, Rockabilly, Country, Folk, Punk Rock, Hardcore Punk, Crossover, Jazzcore, Post-Punk, No Wave, Bubblegum, A Capella, Soul, Aleatoric "Chance" Music, Power Pop, Pop Music, Indie Rock, Free Jazz, Art Rock, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Sludge Metal, Math Rock, Progressive Rock, Klezmer, Neoclassical, Funk, Jazz, Psychedelia, Space Rock, Acid Rock, Krautrock, Stoner Metal, Glam, Electronica, Musique Concrète, Industrial, Spoken Word|
|Instrument||Mixed-Media Painting, Drawing, Collage, Stencils, ShitKit Drums, Electronic Percussion, Junkyard Percussion, Custom-Built Noise Machines, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Sampler, Tapes, Vocals, Dictaphone, Film, Video, Liquid Lights, Computers, Bass Guitar, Baritone Guitar, and Other Guitars|
Anyone reading this, Konnichiwa, I'm Mike..........
(feel free to call me such, and leave a message on my talk page)
- Writer for The Jam Rag metro Detroit area music paper (1988-1996)
- Guitarist & roommate of "The Impaler", Detroit's vampire poet (1997-1998)
- Keyboardist & noisemaker for the primitive noise electronic group Bionics (1996-1998)
- Cameraman & roadie for Princess Dragon-mom (time STEREO) and Mog Stunt Team (Amphetamine Reptile Records)
- Contributor to the "John Tesh is an alien" propaganda in the 1990's
- Performed with Wesley Willis, MSBR, Incapacitants, Monster Island, Monster Bait, and His Name Is Alive
- Bassist, Guitarist, Vocalist for the Island of Misfit Noise (1998-2013, 2014-Present)
- Creator of Theee Urban SpaceCat (Cassette-Zine), a semi-quarterly audio zine publication
- Mike Damn Nobody is primarily a noise project
"I had not really set out to create a zine. It just sort of happened that way. I was writing & recording some music, and considering how I want to release it. Then, I got to thinking about Compact Discs and how finding CD storage / carrying cases is getting increasingly difficult. No one makes them anymore, just CD wallets...ugh! What are people doing with their jewel cases? It seems like everyone takes better care of their comic books. So, I thought, "Why not package it in a comic book?" From there I gradually stumbled into zineworld. But, I wanted to make mine more like the mail-art packages I had made for my friends as a teenager, a big...weird..."box of stuff." But, everyone likes to browse. So, being able to skim through the pages is still important. I figured that I could glue an envelope to the back and stuff all of the goodies inside there. Is it still a zine? A book? An album? Something else? I don't know. I may continue to experiment with it as I go along. Content-wise there is really is no overall theme; personal stories, comix, activities, found objects, et cetera. It is an odd mix of miscellaneous contents. But, my music can be like that sometimes too. So, it all works out."
- "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai (And the dedication plaque for the USS Excelsior)
- "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell
- "Rights are not inherent or granted, they are fought for and earned. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free." - Howard Zinn
- "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "American civilization? I think that would be a good idea! - Mahatma Gandhi
- "I think technology will save us. And I think our own goodness will save us, basic human decency."..."Money is a terrible thing. Why do people work at jobs in Star Trek? Why does someone become a baker? Because the family is going to starve to death? No. People become bakers because certain people love the smell of things baking and certain people take pride--we all have a little pride--in something. 'Let me give this to you because it's delicious and you will love it, and I made it, and this is my recipe'. All things will be taken care of."~~Gene Roddenberry (creator of Star Trek) "The Last Conversation"
- "The revolution will not be televised. but it WILL be wikified" - Kingturtle
- "There IS such a thing as a free lunch. You just have to offer it." - Kingturtle
- ”All this was inspired by the principle - which is quite true in itself - that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying. These people know only too well how to use falsehood for the basest purposes. ... “ – Adolf Hitler "Mein Kampf" 1925 (James Murphy translation, page 134)
- Many of us saw religion as harmless nonsense. Beliefs might lack all supporting evidence but, we thought, if people needed a crutch for consolation, where's the harm? September 11th changed all that. Revealed faith is not harmless nonsense, it can be lethally dangerous nonsense. Dangerous because it gives people unshakeable confidence in their own righteousness. Dangerous because it gives them false courage to kill themselves, which automatically removes normal barriers to killing others. Dangerous because it teaches enmity to others labelled only by a difference of inherited tradition. And dangerous because we have all bought into a weird respect, which uniquely protects religion from normal criticism. Let's now stop being so damned respectful! - Richard Dawkins
- "In your own words....I use the same words as everybody else. In my own words it comes out as, 'Oop vlap lillip FLOOOM!'." - George Carlin
Because I am skeptical of the value of intellectual property law in general and copyrights in particular, I explicitly place all creative works original to me in the public domain. If you see an article here that looks like it was primarily written by me and you wish to use it in a way not permitted by the GNU Free Documentation License, contact me.