LI Jianhong is one of the most active chinese sound artists in Mainland China. Born in Fenghua, Zhejiang Province in 1975 and now residing in Hangzhou, Li is the founder of the avant-rock group "Second Skin" and the manager of 2pi Records ("2pi" being the chinese equivalent to 2nd Skin), an independent experimental label based in Hangzhou, China.
Li's early involvement in Hangzhou's experimental culture started with his co-founding of the group Tomeclub (Tao Mi She). His debut solo album Talk Freely Before the We Begin was particularly well-received in Japan, and has established him as a radical yet highly-crafted guitar noisician. After listening to this album, the experimental musician Zbigniew Karkowski called Li "the best noise musician in China." Li's second solo album RTV-702 is also out now. Both albums were released by 2pi Records.
In 2003 and 2004 Li curated and performed in 2pi Festivals. In October 2004 he played at the Nuit Blanche festival in Paris.
In June, 2004, Li was invited as a guest lecturer by the Dept. of New Media at the China Academy of Art in Hangzhou, where he gave the talk "Live Action - an Introduction to Contemporary Noise Art".
- 2006: A Brief History of Time (Post-Concrete)
- 2005: Drama Script 大戏文 (CDR, 2pi Records/Tiramizu)
- 2004: RTV-702 (CDR, 2pi Records)
- 2004: Talk Freely Before the Beginning 在开始之前，自由交谈 (CDR, 2pi Records)
- 2006.11: The Fourth 2pi Festival, CICI, Hangzhou, China
- 2005.11: The Third 2pi Festival, 31 Bar, Hangzhou, China
- 2004.11: The Second 2pi Festival, 31 Bar, Hangzhou, China
- 2006.10: Awakening Battersea at China Power Station part I, Battersea Power Station, London.